View other events for the week of 4/25/2009
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|West Contra Costa County Earth Day Creeks and Shoreline Challenge|
|Date||Saturday April 25|
|Time||9:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|West Contra Costa County|
|juliana [at] thewatershedproject.org|
|Address||1327 South 46th St. #155 Richmond, CA 94804|
What: West Contra Costa County Earth Day Creeks and Shoreline Challenge
When: Saturday April 25th, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Take the challenge this Earth Day! – Come out with your family, friends and neighbors on Saturday April 25th from 9:00 am – noon to join a major countywide cleanup effort. Together, we can make our environment a healthier place for plants, animals and people.
Join a Creeks and Shoreline Challenge Team at one of the following sites:
• Wildcat Creek: Meet at 23rd St and Brookside Ave, San Pablo, CA
• Baxter Creek: Meet at the Taco Bell parking lot at 11965 San Pablo Ave, El Cerrito, CA (Just north of Home Depot)
• San Pablo Creek: Meet at the El Sobrante Boys and Girls Club, 4660 Appian Way, El Sobrante, CA
• Rheem Creek: Meet at Contra Costa College, 2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, CA
• South Richmond Shoreline: Meet at Shimada Friendship Park (along the Marina Bay Parkway)
Please wear sturdy shoes, a hat and sunscreen, and bring your own water bottle and gloves if you have them. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Snacks provided. To learn more about the West Contra Costa County Creeks and Shoreline Challenge go to http://www.thewatershedproject.org or contact Juliana Gonzalez at The Watershed Project, 510-665-3597 or juliana [at] thewatershedproject.org.
The West Contra Costa County Earth Day Creeks and Shoreline Challenge is a collaborative project of The Watershed Project, City of Richmond, City of San Pablo, SPAWNERS, Richmond Shoreline Citizen Response, Earth Team Environmental Network and Urban Creeks Council.