View other events for the week of 3/ 2/2009
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Community Town Hall Meeting on the SF Budget Crisis|
|Date||Monday March 02|
|Time||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|1187 Franklin St, betw, O'Farrell and Geary|
|mlyon01 [at] comcast.net|
Community Town Hall Meeting on the SF Budget Crisis
Monday, March 2 at 6 PM
First Unitarian Universalist
1187 Franklin Street at Geary
Supervisors and Department heads be present.
$3 Million Cuts to Homeless Services
$100 million Cuts to Health Care
Cuts to human services will include:
• Closing Tenderloin Health Resource Center
• Closing Ladies Night at Mission Resource Center
• Closing shelters during the day
Cuts to Health Services will include
• Massive cuts to mental health (-46%) as well as to substance abuse (-50%) treatment.
• $260,000 closing Caduceus, Psychiatric Services for Homeless
• Cutting 1,600 uninsured people from mental health treatment.
• Closing Tenderloin Clubhouse - $240,000 to Hyde Street.
Gavin Newsom targeted these programs to be slashed amidst an economic downturn when we need these services the most – The Safety Net of San Francisco will be dismantled and all San Franciscans will suffer the consequences!
Download flyer for the SF Budget Town Hall Meeting:
Come to Coalition to Save Public Health meetings
Mondays, 5:30 PM, 350 Rhode Island St, Potrero Hill district
(Enter gateway marked “350 Rhode Island” off Kansas St, between 16th & 17th Sts.)