$108.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: East Bay | Police State and Prisons | Racial Justice
Solidarity with the African Freedom Struggle and Justice for Oscar Grant III
Build the March for Justice and Reparations
The way to show solidarity with the struggle for justice is not to destroy black businesses and draw the attention of the police to further brutalize the African community!
The way to show solidarity is not to arrogantly and recklessly disrupt a peaceful yet righteous march led by African people for justice.
The way to show solidarity with justice for the African freedom struggle is to support the organization representing the interests of the African working class. Be a part of it! Show your unity!
Come out to the Uhuru House tomorrow to help build the march on Martin Luther King Day!
SUNDAY, JAN 11TH, 4 TO 6PM
UHURU HOUSE, 7911 MACARTHUR BLVD, OAKLAND
inpdum_oakland [at] yahoo.com
Unite with the InPDUM Demands:
1. Jail and Prosecute Killer BART Cop Johannes Mehserle and Charge All BART Cops Involved With Accessory to the Crime of Murder
2. Reparations to the Family of Oscar Grant and all Families of Victims of Police Violence in Oakland
3. Economic Development for the African and Oppressed Communities in Oakland
4. Immediate End to the Public Policy of Police Containment of the African and Oppressed Communities in Oakland
5. Immediate Release of All Arrested Demonstrators
The International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement calls on the people to come out to help organize the march on Monday, January 19th on the Martin Luther King Holiday for JUSTICE and REPARATIONS for the family of Oscar Grant III.
The InPDUM is a grassroots organization, led by the black working-class community. It was founded in 1991 in Chicago by the African People's Socialist Party.
InPDUM membership is open to anyone united with democracy for the African community and that self-determination is the highest expression of democracy. InPDUM is known and respected around the world for demanding reparations to African people for slavery and colonialism, demanding an end to the police containment of the African community and pushing for real economic development.
For the march, we want people to come ready to join the teams to:
1. Distribute leaflets and posters.
2. Make contact with other organizations, schools, church groups, temples, mosques who would want to participate.
3. Make powerful placards and banners for the March based on the demands.
4. Join the security and logistics team to ensure that the march is disciplined under the leadership of the African working class interests.