View other events for the week of 11/17/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: free series with the Ecology Center|
|Date||Monday November 17|
|Time||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2530 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
* This event is Wheelchair accessible.
|Organizer/Author||Debra Berliner, Climate Action Coordinator|
|debra [at] ecologycenter.org|
|Phone||(510) 548 2220 x240|
You're concerned about the environment.
You recycle diligently.
You've seen Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth"—perhaps more than once.
You know that the effects of global warming are already happening.
But where do you go from here?
In this course, you will:
* Calculate your personal carbon footprint;
* Create a measurable action plan to reduce your footprint;
* Discuss ways to be a climate change leader in your household and community, green your workplace, neighborhood, school district etc.
WHAT: Four weekly consecutive class sessions (1.5-2 hrs. each) to reduce your personal and community carbon footprint
Mondays: Nov 17, Nov. 24, Dec 1, Dec. 8).
COST: Participation is free. A $10 fee will be charged for the Low Carbon Diet workbook. No one turned away for lack of funds.
* Preregistration requested: Write to debra [at] ecologycenter.org or call 510-548-2220.
Specify: Name, e-mail, # in party, phone, and best time to call.