Antonia Juhasz presents The Tyranny of Oil
305 North California Avenue, Palo Alto
The World’s Most Powerful Industry, and What We Must Do to Stop It
A new book by
of the Institute for Policy Studies & Oil Change International
The hardest-hitting exposé of the oil industry in decades answers today’s most pressing energy questions:
- Why are oil and gasoline prices rising so quickly?
- Where will prices go in the future?
- Who’s really controlling those prices?
- How much oil is left?
- How far will Big Oil go to get it?
- And at what cost to the economy, environment, human rights, worker safety, public health, democracy, and America’s place in the world?
A tool for meaningful change that blends history, original investigative research and reporting, interviews with key industry insiders, and a unique focus on activism, The Tyranny of Oil is required reading for every concerned global citizen.
A “timely, blistering critique... white-hot... Explosive fuel for the raging debate on oil prices.” - Kirkus Reviews
$7 - $15 suggested donation; no one turned away. Wheelchair accessible.
Sponsored by Peninsula Peace and Justice Center ~ www.PeaceandJustice.org ~ 650-326-8837