View other events for the week of 11/10/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|DEADLINE: A Chance at Slamdance|
|Date||Monday November 10|
|Time||11:30 PM - 11:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|aschneider [at] currentmedia.com|
To kick off Slamdance 2009, we want you to submit a short (3-10 minute) documentary film. Make something fresh, new, authentic and exciting about a topic that is relevant to you and your community as well as related to current events or new trends. Upload it to http://www.current.com/slamdance before November 10th at 11:30PM.
The Slamdance programming committee in conjunction with Current TV creative executives will select five of the uploaded films for inclusion in a curated shorts program, screening in regular rotation at Slamdance 2009. A representative from each film will receive a festival filmmaker pass, a chance to have their uploaded film considered for acquisition by Current TV, and a chance to pitch new short documentary ideas to Current TV creative execs.
• 5 curated films will show @ Slamdance 2009 in two theatrical screenings.
• 5 curated films will also screen in rotation at Slamdance Happy Hours.
• 1 representative from each film will receive a filmmaker pass for Slamdance ‘09
• 1 representative from each film will be provided opportunity for sit-down lunch and/or conference call with Current TV creative exec
• Each film - with credits - will be listed in the Slamdance film catalogue