View other events for the week of 10/22/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Board of Supervisors 'Community' Fairfrounds Meeting|
|Date||Wednesday October 22|
|Time||6:30 PM - 8:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
70 W. Hedding St.
Let your voice be heard regarding the future of our Santa Clara County Fairgrounds!
Why Your Voice is Needed:
1. This may be the only time our Supervisors will listen to the community regarding the Fairgrounds before the developers take over.
2. The County Administration recently selected Catellus, a railroad real estate developer with poor community experience, so the wheels are being set in motion for the process. It is not too late to change this.
3. The 150 acres is public land and the public should have a say about its future.
4. Historically this land has and still is contributing to our families and children.
5. At this moment in time our County Supervisors need to hear from the community not from the developer.
6. The Supervisors need your positive fairground stories and suggestions for the development process.
Please come and express your opinion. Talking Points will be provided at the door. Examples of support letters, and Talking Points can be found at: http://www.friendsofsccfairgrounds.org