View other events for the week of 9/19/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|San Jose Bike Party - September Ride: "YELLOW"|
|Date||Friday September 19|
|Time||8:30 PM - 12:30 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Meets at downtown Campbell under the water tower, right next to the Light Rail Station.|
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
Get ready! Bike Party's September ride is coming up!
THIS Friday - 8:30pm - downtown Campbell
Theme: "YELLOW" - so wear some!
Dress up your bike! Bring lots of lights, and noisemakers!
Following many people's positive suggestions, here's a reminder list.
Get Ready to Ride
Know the law, and follow it...especially when doing otherwise might endanger others.
(No DUI, use front & back lights & reflectors)
* Remember to bring front & back lights, and side reflectors!
* No open containers, no public inebriation. Check yourself!
Leave no one behind
Take care of your fellow riders.
* Make sure your bike is in good repair so we don't need to stop for you!
* Inflate your tires, check your brakes, wear a helmet!
* Pack a fix-it kit among your group: pump, patch kit, spare tubes
Stay together - ride as one
We are safer as a group. Once we start across an intersection, we ALL cross if it's safe to do so.
* Check the route - know how to get home in case you lose the group
* Carry a cell phone or radio and have a friend you can call
We take the lane
We are a vehicle. Take the full right lane. Whenever we can, we leave left lanes for cars.
* See how to ride smart like the pros: http://www.bicyclesafe.com
Roll past conflict
Don't let angry drivers ruin the ride.
* Help keep the ride calm - be a peacemaker, calm others down, discourage rumors and conflicts
* Bike to enjoy, don't bike to destroy!
Respect the Ride
We are all here to have fun.
* If you see people being jerks, TELL THEM! Ask them to leave!
* Respect the ride, PROTECT the ride!