View other events for the week of 10/ 4/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Plant Smart! Water-Saving Methods for School Gardens|
|Date||Saturday October 04|
|Time||9:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Edna Maguire Elementary,
Mill Valley, CA
|Organizer/Author||the Watershed Project|
Plant Smart! Water-Saving Methods for School Gardens
Sat. Oct. 4 at Edna Maguire Elementary,
Mill Valley, 9:30am-12:30pm.
Not sure where to start with choosing plants for your school garden? Explore the physical conditions in your garden, develop
goals for your garden and learn how to plan accordingly so you can maximize your garden space and grow healthy, happy plants in this hands-on course. You will learn how to:
• Assess your site and choose plants that will thrive naturally in your garden
• Determine your site conditions and design your garden to conserve water
• Learn about appropriate plant selection, hydrozoning, and soil type
You will receive:
• Grant inf ormati on to fund your garden project
• HELPFUL GUIDE with background information and resources
*Fee waiver is available for educators in Marin Municipal Water District’s service area. Please contact us for more information.
Contact us at 510.665.3430/ workshops [at] thewatershedproject.org with any questions or to sign up for the workshops. Sign up soon, as spaces are limited!