View other events for the week of 7/19/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Marin's July Green Party Council Election and Meeting|
|Date||Saturday July 19|
|Time||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Saturday July 19th at 3pm
Home of Gary Ruskin and Marnie Glickman
54 Creek Road
|Address||163 merrydale rd. # 8 San Rafael. 94903|
tentative agenda -
1. Election for the 7 positions on the council - if you like to run let me know - or just come - you don't haft be present to run
1.Marnie Glickman - USGP international committee member
2. Lew Tremaine - Fairfax city council member
3. Larry Bragman - Fairfax city council member - Marin GP Member of a county elections committee
4. Gary Ruskin
5. David Quigley - Campus Greens Pres. for COM chapter http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comcampusgreens/ as well as started it. A Ca. and Nat. Organizer( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/campusgreens/ also on facebook and myspace ) Inter. Committee cginternational [at] lists.riseup.net
head for CG. Member of several local groups, state student and political advocate groups. Member of CAGP and USGP working groups and committees - Artist -Writer- Filmmaker. Pres and started the Luke’s Guild of Arts And Sciences and Artist Honor Society, and member of other arts, and political, environ. groups at COM. Just finishing my 4th and last term as COM Student Senator. Started Green Party Caucus for CalSACC(currently nit active - but caucus still is) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpcaucusofcalsacc/
6. Jim Geraghty - Community activist - One most devoted people to local issues of Marin County, I know of. I be hear all day if I try mention all he does. You can good sense of that at http://www.mpjc.org of which administrates
7. Cat Woods - Member of many USGP and CAGP WG’s and committees. Was candidate for state assembly. Also a rep. to state from the county.
8. Mike Wyman - Member of several CAGP WG’s and committees. One of the heads to state GP bylaws committee. Was candidate for Sec. of State. Also a rep. to state from the county.
9. GERALD BELLETTO - San Rafael Environmental Activist with Sustainable SR
2 others have recently expressed interest to me and Jim, I have lost rack of the one I met., who didn't return my emails
2. Local Issues
A. LBAM Spray on Agriculture, and Forests lands; and the ties.
C. UPDATE ON THE COMING SAN RAFAEL TARGET
D. PLASTIC BAGS
E. LOCAL DEMOCRACY CAMPAIGN
F. ICE RAIDS AND OTHER IMMIGRANT ISSUES
G. COUNTY AND CITIES SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES
3. Report on USGP Con. held on the previous Weekend in Chicago to this meet
A. international committee marnie [at] greenchange.org
B. Pres. Pick
C. Disabilities Caucus - which I can get from group viva email
D. Campus greens
E. Youth Caucus - will try get reports on these too - if any of those caucuses meet
4. Election of county reps. to the GAGP Con. in OC in August
In recent years it has been Mike and Cat, with me as the alt.
5. What non-partisan activities we should be involved in?
6. What we should do as a council?
put up by