From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: San Francisco | Environment & Forest Defense | Health, Housing & Public ServicesView other events for the week of 8/30/2008
|California Food & Justice Coalition Fundraising Dinner At Slow Food Nation|
|Date||Saturday August 30|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Marketbar 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA|
|jessicabell [at] cafoodjustice.org|
|Phone||510 704 0245|
Saturday, August 30 | MarketBar | 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA | 7:00pm | $46.70
REGISTER TODAY -
Join us at the Market Bar this Labor Day Weekend to show your support for the California Food and Justice Coalition and our work to create a community-driven, sustainable and just food system for all Californians.
We have a big year planned! Help us make it happen. A portion of the dinner proceeds will go towards helping us:
- direct monies available in the 2008 Farm Bill to the people that need it: urban and small farmers and grassroots groups working to rebuild local food systems and increase access to healthy food;
- building upon our new training and mentorship program to grow and support the movement; and
- future advocacy campaigns for food justice.
And of course the meal will be delicious. The menu will feature:
• Fresh cured Castelvetrano green olives
• Arugula & roasted-fig salad with balsamic vinaigrette
• Allstar Organics garden tomato salad with burrata cheese
• Marin Root Farm roasted beets, candied walnuts and Point Reyes blue cheese
• Brentwood corn soup w/ rocoto pepper puree
• Mary’s organic chicken paillard and eggplant caponata
• Grilled California sturgeon w/ peperonata & caper aioli
• Spinach and mushroom ravioli with an heirloom tomato sauce
• Fresh shelling beans with arugula
• Yukon Gold potatoes
• Glazed carrots, and
• Nectarine crisp with rose petal ice cream.
Fresh produce will be sourced from nearby farms, including Allstar Organics, Marin Root Farms, Star Route, Alemany Farm and Tairwa Farms.
Slow Food is kindly doing the registration for this event.
To register please click on this link:
http://slowfoodnation.org/events/special-programming/slow-dinners/saturday-august-30th/ Click on tickets. You will be taken to the Slow Food Events Calendar. Click on “August 30th”. Once you are on this site, please scroll across to the 7pm – 8pm slot and book tickets to attend the “Slow Food & Market Bar” event.
For more information please contact:
Jessica Bell at 510 704 0245 jessicabell [at] cafoodjustice.org or
Heather Fenney at 310 591 4017 heather [at] cafoodjustice.org
Did you get this message forwarded to you?
email cfjc-subscribe [at] lists.riseup.net to join our list and receive our alerts and monthly e-newsletter directly
Want to be removed? email: cfjc-unsubscribe [at] lists.riseup.net
The California Food and Justice Coalition is a statewide membership coalition committed to
the basic human right to healthy food while advancing social, agricultural and environmental justice. We collaborate with community-based efforts in California working to create a socially just, ecologically and economically sustainable food supply. We envision a California food system in which all activities, from farm to table, are equitable, healthful, regenerative, and community-driven.
California Food and Justice Coalition c/o CFSC
P.O. Box 209, Venice, CA 90294 ® 310-822-5410 ® FAX 310-822-1440
email: info [at] CAFoodJustice.org