View other events for the week of 5/ 8/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Bernal Heights All Age LGBT Community Meeting|
|Date||Thursday May 08|
|Time||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Bernal Heights Neighborhood Community Center
515 Courtland Avenue, SF
|roxie [at] openhouse-sf.org|
Bernal Heights All Age LGBT Community Meeting!!
May 8th – Tuesday!!
6:30 – 7:30 pm Meeting
Come and meet your neighbors
• Our small groups have been meeting and they will report back.
• We will continue our conversations on what we can do in our neighborhoods.
• Yes, we will have another potluck – but if you’re too busy to bring/make something for Tuesday evening – you’re still most welcome. We want you there!! I will bring soup!
• We are urging you to bring a neighbor – best if that neighbor is a LGBT senior.
• And we’re urging you to offer to give your neighbor’s a ride. Those who need rides – let me know and I’ll put you in touch with your friendly neighbor.
Potluck at 6 – Time to socialize and get to know each other better
All Age Community Meeting is at 6:30 – 7:30
On the Agenda
• Our small groups will report and meet– how to organize ourselves
• Disaster Planning and Emergency Response Training
• The Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center – Annual Community Congress is May 17 – how we can be a part of their new community plan
• How we can be a part of the upcoming events in Bernal Heights: Annual Community Congress, Bernal Cinema, Garage Sale.
• What you can do to build community and reach out to our LGBT seniors on the hill.
Child care will be provided, please RSVP to Karen Garrison, BHNC, 415.206.2140 x 131 or kgarrison [at] bhnc.org
The Bernal Heights All Age LGBT Community Meeting. May 8th – Tuesday, 6pm Potluck, 6:30 – 7:30 pm Meeting. Our agenda will include reports from our small groups, the continuing conversation on developing a network of support for LGBT seniors, disaster training, and participating in the Bernal Heights community events. Our potluck and mixer was so successful that we’re doing it again: Bring something to share but if you can’t bring something – don’t let that stop you, we want you to help us build LGBT community on the hill. Bring a neighbor and give a ride to an LGBT neighbor! Learn how you can volunteer in your neighborhood. Child care will be provided, please RSVP to Karen Garrison, BHNC, 415.206.2140 x 131 or kgarrison [at] bhnc.org . For more information or to let us know what you’re bringing to the potluck; call or email Karen or Roxie Kellam, openhouse, 415.296.8995 x7, roxie [at] openhouse-sf.org