View other events for the week of 5/ 1/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|May 1st 2008 San Francisco Workers United Without Borders-Amnesty for All o|
|Date||Thursday May 01|
|Time||2:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2p.m. Rally at Dolores Park
3:30p.m. March to Civic Center
5:00p.m. Rally and Music at Civic Center
Through a peaceful, organized march in San Francisco and in several other major U.S. cities we seek to resurrect the historical significance of May 1st in the international labor/worker struggle and to reignite the labor movement by integrating the current undocumented worker struggle of obtaining amnesty. We believe this struggle is about worker rights, and should be incorporated into other social justice issues if we are to strive for a fairer and much more peaceful world.Added to the calendar on Tuesday Apr 22nd, 2008 1:00 PM
Under the broad theme of “Workers Uniting without Borders –Amnesty for All” we invite all individuals and organizations interested in fighting for social justice and upholding the rights of all workers to join us to collectively demand for:
• Stop the War at Home and Abroad
• Stop the Persecution and Repression of Immigrants
• Stop the Violation of Labor, Human and Civil Rights of All Workers
• Stop the Gentrification of our San Francisco Neighborhoods
• Unconditional Amnesty-Papers for All
There are several ways to be part of the planning of this historical event to uphold the rights of all workers, in particular undocumented workers of the United States.
1. Come to our final planning meeting: Share your ideas and support to make these efforts successful. The planning committee will be meeting one last time this Thursday at 7pm at 522 Valencia St. near 16th St. BART.
2. Become an Endorser: Talk to your organization and see if you can join the list of unions, community organizations, elected officials and individuals endorsing this march.
3 Donate today: Last year’s May 1st March cost nearly $10,000 and drew 10,000 people. Can you help us make this year as well attended? Please make a donation for the planning of the March. The May 1 SF bank account is with the Mission Area Federal Credit Union at 3269 Mission St San Francisco 94110. The account number is 007495.
4. Pass this Call to Action on to another Friend: Help spread the word and email this to a friend!
If you have any questions please contact us at (415) 933-2319 or sfamnistia [at] gmail.com.
The May 1st San Francisco Planning Committee (May 1 SF)