View other events for the week of 3/ 3/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|CALL FOR ARTWORK BY GENDERQUEER/TRANSGENDER ARTISTS|
|Date||Monday March 03|
|Time||12:00 PM - 12:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|THE LGBT COMMUNITY CENTER|
CALL FOR ARTWORK
by transgender and gender variant artists
FRESH MEAT IN THE GALLERY V: RIOTS AND REVELATIONS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 30, 2008
(*Please forward widely until April 30, 2008*)
(this call for artwork is also available at http://www.freshmeatproductions.org)
Fresh Meat Productions is now accepting all sizes of artwork for the Fifth Annual Fresh Meat in the Gallery Exhibition in San Francisco. This year’s theme is Riots and Revelations.
* Do you make visual art?
* Are you trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, gender-variant, gender-fabulous?
* Do you want to have thousands of visitors from around the world see your art during San Francisco’s Pride month?
Then send us art on the theme of Riots and Revelations that is:
Artwork of any size that can hang on the wall
(We are unable to exhibit free-standing sculpture, video, or other 3D work. Only wall mountable works will be considered.)
We welcome work from international, incarcerated, professional, emerging and new artists! Your work does not necessarily have to deal with gender. See below for mailing address and submission guidelines.
About the theme: RIOTS AND REVELATIONS
How have riots and revelations been part of your history and how will they shape the future? How do you find peace in a time of war on our bodies and communities? Do you create powerful, exciting, and energizing riots? Are revelations quiet and introspective or publicly celebrated moments, movements, and histories? What are your personal riots and/or revelations? How are communities around the world rising up? What new ways of living are being revealed for the future?
1) Send us up to three images, as medium-resolution JPEGs, saved onto a CD. Images should be no larger than 5x7 inches and between no larger than 150 dpi. Please do not send large files!
2) Send us a completed Artist Information Form
[download form from http://www.freshmeatproductions.org/callartwork.html]
3) To send your submission via MAIL: burn your JPG images and Artist Information Form to a CD and mail them to:
Fresh Meat Productions
3128 16th Street, PMB #240
San Francisco, CA
4) Or send us your submission via EMAIL: simply email your JPGs and completed Artist Information Form to exhibitions.freshmeat [at] gmail.com
5) DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is APRIL 30, 2008 (received by date, NOT postmarked date).
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
* Late submissions will not be considered. Early submissions are much appreciated! Artists will hear back from us by May 10.
* Please do NOT send original artwork.
* Digital files can be submitted either on a CD/DVD or via email. Please contact us if you have any questions about this process.
* If you do not have access to downloading the Artist Information Form, please email exhibitions.freshmeat [at] gmail.com to have a copy mailed to you.
Fresh Meat Productions presents:
Fresh Meat in the Gallery V: Riots and Revelations
LGBT Community Center
June 6 – July 7, 2008
1800 Market Street @ Octavia, San Francisco
Gallery hours: Monday-Friday 12noon-10pm, Saturday 9am-10pm, Sunday Closed
Opening reception: June 6, (in conjunction with the National Queer Arts Festival Q Ball)
Send an email to: exhibitions.freshmeat [at] gmail.com
Fresh Meat in the Gallery is an annual exhibition of visual art by transgender and gender-variant artists presented by Fresh Meat Productions. We seek to empower artists, expand the repertoire of original work authentically exploring transgender experience, bring visibility to trans communities, connect trans artists with diverse audiences, create dialogue and build community. Fresh Meat in the Gallery is part of the National Queer Arts Festival and accompanies Fresh Meat 2008, the 7th annual festival of transgender and queer performance, (June 19-22 at Project Artaud Theater in San Francisco). Last year, over 1,500 people attended Fresh Meat in the Gallery. More info: http://www.freshmeatproductions.org.
We look forward to seeing your work!