View other events for the week of 3/ 4/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Stop the City Health Cuts! Speak out at the Beilenson Hearing!|
|Date||Tuesday March 04|
|Time||3:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
101 Grove St, 3rd. Fl. Auditorium
(corner of Polk, at Civic Center)
Stop the City Health Cuts!
Stop Balancing the City Budget on the
Backs of the Poor and Vulnerable!
Come to the Hearing
Tuesday, March 4, 3 PM
101 Grove St. (at Polk, by Civic Center)
3rd Floor Auditorium
The City is already making Health cuts in anticipation of budget shortfalls next year:
(1) The City stopped admissions to Laguna Honda Hospital,
(2) The City is stopping the program where public health nurses visit 465 patients with chronic diseases,
(3) The City is closing Buster's Place, the only 24/7 homeless drop-in resource center, with counseling, referrals etc for 700 clients,
(4) The City is cutting SF General Hospital operating room hours, causing 720 fewer surgeries per year and increasing delays for surgeries by over a month,
(5) The City is closing SF General Hospital oral surgery clinic two days per week, a loss of 2,600 visits per year.
And this is only the beginning of the health cuts the City wants!
Downtown business has starved the Health Department for years.
It’s time for it to start paying. We won’t roll over and die for their profits!
Come to the hearing, and come to the next People’s Budget Meeting
Friday., Feb 29, 1 PM, 259 Hyde (betw. Turk and Eddy)