$1458.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: East Bay | Anti-War
ProWar Forces R Mobilizing 4 Tuesday Showdown in Berkeley - Peace Actists Support City
A serious showdown is developing. The Berkeley City Council has done the right thing, but they are getting blasted and there is a move to rescind last weeks vote. Pro-war forces are mobilizing .Move America Forward will be there. Will we? 5am is early but they are going to be there to get the high ground for national newscasts. Will we concede that?
For information about Code Pink and anti-war group plans go to
In addition to going contact the city council and make sure they know you appreciate and support them.
Berkeley City Council Members are being flooded with hate mail -
>> emails and calls because of their stand against the Marine
>> These messages include threats for cutting off Federal Funding, etc
>> very nasty!
>> PLEASE FLOOD THEM WITH MESSAGES OF SUPPORT RIGHT AWAY!!!
>> BE SURE TO TELL THEM WHAT CITY YOU LIVE IN. THE HATE CALLS & EMAILS
>> ARE COMING FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.
>> Council emails & phone numbers are as follows:
>> Mayor Bates
>> (510) 981-7100
>> Email: mayor [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Linda Maio
>> Phone: (510) 981-7110
>> Email: lmaio [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Darryl Moore
>> Phone: (510) 981-7120
>> Email: dmoore [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Maxwell Anderson
>> Phone: (510) 981-7130
>> Email: manderson [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Dona Spring
>> Phone: (510) 981-7140
>> Email: spring [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Laurie Capitelli
>> Phone: (510) 981-7150
>> Email: lcapitelli [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Betty Olds
>> Phone: (510) 981-7160
>> Email: olds [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
>> Kriss Worthington
>> Phone: (510) 981-7170
>> Email: kworthington [at] ci.berkeley.ca.us
Here are excerpts from the website Move America Forward.org I include them so you see how serious they are:
Protest Against Berkeley City Council!!
* DATE: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2008
* LOCATION: 2134 MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. WAY – BERKELEY, CA - CLICK HERE for MAP
* TIME: Council Meeting Begins at 7:00 PM
(We are asking people to be there early, however – if possible, start arriving by 5:00 PM)
*** Also… If you can, please join us for our “picketing” of the City Council Chambers. We will be out there at 2134 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way beginning at 5:00 AM for the morning news. We will have a presence all throughout the day – the next newscasts are at 12:00 Noon, so we’ll want a good size presence at that time as well.
* UPDATE: It turns out Mayor Tom Bates, who says that the City Council didn't mean to offend the Marines (oh please!!!) has joined Code Pink in their pickets in front of the Marine Recruiting Center in an attempt to harass them and force them out of town. The protestors called our Marines "war criminals":
CLICK HERE for MORE
Sign The Petition Against Berkeley's Anti-Military Actions!
* See the new video from Senator Jim DeMint - WATCH THE GREAT VIDEO HERE!
* MAF Chairman Melanie Morgan on Neil Cavuto show discussing Berkeley fallout - WATCH IT HERE!!
* Register your complaint with the City of Berkeley via Phone or Email - CLICK HERE!!
* See our press release responding to the shameful actions by the Berkeley City Council - CLICK HERE
* "Treason in Berkeley" - CLICK HERE!!