Planners to review design award program
Article Launched: 07/28/2007 12:42:06 AM PDT
The Belvedere Planning Commission will meet Wednesday to review a proposed award program that would honor design that improves streetscapes.
The commission also will consider design review for properties on Crest Road, West Shore Road, Bayview Avenue and Belvedere Avenue.
The 6:30 p.m. meeting will be held at Belvedere City Hall at 450 San Rafael Av
BELVEDERE PLANNING COMMISSION
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA (Revised)
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2007, 6:30 P.M.
450 SAN RAFAEL AVENUE, BELVEDERE, CALIFORNIA
The Planning Commission will follow the following procedure for all items listed as public hearing items:
1) The Chairman will ask for presentation of the staff report;
2) The Commission will have the opportunity to question staff in order to clarify any specific points;
3) The applicant and the project representative will be allowed to make a presentation, not to exceed 10 minutes for large projects, or 5 minutes for small projects, total for the applicant’s design team;
4) The public hearing will be opened;
5) Members of the audience in favor of the proposal will be allowed to speak, for a maximum of 3 minutes per speaker;
6) Members of the audience against the proposal will be allowed to speak, for a maximum of 3 minutes per speaker;
7) The applicant will be given an opportunity to respond to comments made by the audience, for a maximum of 5 minutes total for the applicant’s design team;
8) The public hearing will be closed; and
9) Discussion of the proposal will return to the Commission with formal action taken to approve, conditionally approve, deny, or continue review of the application.
A. CALL TO ORDER OF REGULAR MEETING
1. Review proposed Belvedere Neighborhood Gem Award Program intended to formally recognize property design that elevates the streetscape. Program would show appreciation for projects that make an attractive contribution to the Community and would serve as an educational tool to help guide future applicants. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15061(b)(3). Applicant and Property Owner: Citywide.
C. OPEN FORUM
This is an opportunity for any citizen to briefly address the Planning Commission on any matter which does not appear on this agenda. Upon being recognized by the Chairman, please state your name, address, and limit your oral statement to not more than three minutes. Matters which appear to warrant a more lengthy presentation or more Commission consideration will be agendized for further discussion at a later meeting.
D. CONSENT CALENDAR
2. Resolution of Approval for Design Review for new multiple barrel roof design and remodel at 7 Crest Road, including enclosure of existing deck area and other architectural changes. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owners and Applicants: Jerome and Monique Marie Marks 2001 Family Trust.
E. PUBLIC HEARINGS
3. Design Review, Demolition Permit and Variances for removal of more than 50% of existing exterior walls, windows, and doors, addition of 832 square feet of floor area, and modifications to windows, doors and exterior finishes at 39 Belvedere Avenue. Variances are for existing non-conforming side yard and rear yard setbacks. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to section 15301. Property Owner: Christopher Foley and Chalermporn Phanthong. Applicant: Charles Shin, Natoma Architects.
4. Design Review, Exception to Total Floor Area, Variance, Revocable License for remodel and 310-square-foot addition at 89 Bayview Avenue, including new foundation and excavation of ground floor level, new doors and windows, front upper story deck, and landscape changes including patio, lighting, steps, barbeque, and removal of 24-inch-diameter oak tree. Variance is for excess lot coverage. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owner: Steger and Astrid Johnson Trust. Applicant: David Ludwig.
5. Demolition, Design Review, Exception to Total Floor Area, and Variance for demolition and reconstruction of existing garage located within the public right-of-way and on private property at 241 Bayview Avenue. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owners: John Michael and Kathryn I. Bishop. Applicant: Colin Warner.
6. Design Review for remodel and 481-square-foot bedroom and bathroom addition at 15 Madrona Avenue, including new interior staircase, siding, skylights, windows, doors, and minor architectural changes. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owners: Tim and Tracy Cunningham. Applicant: John Swain.
7. Design Review, Variance, Use Permit, and Revocable License for addition of platform and boatlift at 35 West Shore Road. Platform lift and boatlift are within waters owned by City of Belvedere and designated open space. Variance is for lifts located beyond the rear property line. CEQA status: Initial Study and Negative Declaration. Property Owners: Derrek and Ginna Milan. Applicant: Holscher Architecture.
APPEALS: The Belvedere Municipal Code provides that the applicant or any interested person may appeal the action of the Planning Commission on any application. The appeal must be in writing and submitted with a fee of $400.00 not later than seven (7) calendar days following the date of the Planning Commission action. Please note that if you challenge in court any of the matters described above, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described above, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the above- referenced public hearing [Government Code Section 65009(b)(2)].
NOTICE: AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The following accommodations will be provided, upon request, to persons with a disability: agendas and/or agenda packet materials in alternate formats, and special assistance needed to attend or participate in this meeting. Please make your request at the Office of the City Clerk or by calling (415) 435-3838. Whenever possible, please make your request four working days in advance.
Pierce Macdonald, Planning Manager Date Posted: July 23, 2007
Date Revised and Posted: July 26, 2007
Items will not necessarily be heard in the above order, nor, because of possible changes or extenuating conditions, be on the actual agenda. For additional information, please contact City Hall.
450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, CA 94920 (415) 435-3838
where any minutes will come from
Meeting Agenda for the Planning Commission — City of Newport News
Meeting Agenda for the City of Newport News Planning Commission. – A G E N D A –. NEWPORT NEWS CITY PLANNING COMMISSION. July 18, 2007. 2:00 P.M. ...
www.nngov.com/planning/pcomm_agenda - 48k - Cached - Similar pages
Just show I don't just read the IJ
Welcome to The Ark Newspaper, Tiburon California
The Belvedere Planning Commission took the first step last week toward rescuing a property on the west side of Belvedere Island from years of neglect by ...
thearknewspaper.com/ - 3k - Cached - Similar pages
ADD PUT UP BY
Added to the calendar on Tuesday Jul 31st, 2007 9:03 AM