View other events for the week of 2/ 8/2007
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Liam Madden and Sunsara Taylor at SF State|
|Date||Thursday February 08|
|Time||4:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Rigoberta Menchu Hall (3rd floor of Student Center)
|Event Type||Panel Discussion|
|wake_the_folk_up [at] yahoo.com|
Come to the "Mission of a Generation: Stop the War Now! Drive Out the Bush Regime!" speaking tour putting out the challenge directly to youth and students: “Will we be remembered as the generation who sat back and allowed illegal wars to spread throughout the Middle East, torture legalized, the rights of women and gays eviscerated, and a fascistic police-state constructed? Or will we refuse to go along with this? Will we lead millions to erupt in political protest and defiant truth-telling? Will we make it our mission to bring the crimes of the Bush regime to a halt!?”
The “Mission of a Generation” Speakers include:
Liam Madden, a veteran of a four-year tour of service in the U.S. Marine Corps, including seven months in Iraq. Link for more on Liam
Sunsara Taylor, a co-founder of World Can't Wait | Drive Out the Bush Regime and eloquent speaker and critic of the Bush regime. Link for more on Sunsara
Other speakers will vary per campus.
The Tour Schedule in the Bay Area:
(All tour programs are open to the general public, unless otherwise noted below.)
Feb 5, Monday
- Morning: Berkeley High School assembly in the Little Theatre (NOT open to the public)
- 5:45 PM - 8:45 PM: Mills College in Oakland, in the Faculty Lounge. Sponsored by the Choice Club.
Feb 6, Tuesday
- 12:00 noon: Solano College in Fairfield, 1400 Building, room 1426 (back half of cafeteria)
- 6:00 PM: Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, Darwin Room 102. Additional guest speaker Professor Peter Phillips of Project Censored
Feb 7, Wednesday
- 6:30 PM: UC Berkeley, Northgate Hall, Room 105. Additional guest speaker Larry Everest, author of “Oil, Power, and Empire.” Co-sponsored by Students Against War.
Feb 8, Thursday
- Morning: Oakland High School in Oakland. (NOT open to the public)
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: San Francisco State University, in the Student Center, Rigoberta Menchu Hall (3rd floor). Co-sponsored by Students Against War.
Feb 9, Friday
- Morning: Fremont High School in Oakland, (NOT open to the public).
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: UC Santa Cruz, (exact location TBA). Sponsored by Students Against War.
- 6:00 PM: Stanford University, Building 60, Room 60H (by church in main quad). Additional guest speaker Larry Everest, author of “Oil, Power, and Empire”.