View other events for the week of 12/11/2006
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|The Cannabis Action Network (CAN) meeting|
|Date||Monday December 11|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|1605 Ashby Ave. in Berkeley|
The Cannabis Action Network (CAN) Meeting is Monday, on the second Monday of each month,
All are welcome at our monthly meetings from 7:30 to 9pm at 1605 Ashby
Ave. in Berkeley. Dear CAN supporters,
Our next monthly meeting is this Monday, December 11 from 7 to 9pm at 1605 Ashby Ave. in Berkeley, CA 94703.
Items we usually sell at the booth for full price will be available at the beginning and end of the meeting for
INCREDIBLE DISCOUNTED PRICES! Books, shirts, signed Wonders of Cannabis posters, and more for yourself or friends and family.
As always, call 510.486.8083 with any questions.
We will share news and announcements, and please bring a drink, side, or dessert to share if you can.
Finally, since it is the last meeting of the year and end of our busy event season, we will be reviewing the year. Below is a quick summary of the events and volunteers of 2006 (photos, stories, and other details coming soon at http://www.cannabisactionnetwork.org and myspace):
1. March 3-4: SSDP Midwest Conference, Columbia, Missouri
2. April 20-22: National NORML Conference, San Francisco
3. April 22: Berkeley Earth Day
4. May 6: Cannabis Freedom Day, San Francisco Civic Center Plaza
5. June 2-4: Music That Matters Festival, Marysville
6. June 8-10: Harmony Festival, Santa Rosa
7. June 11: Haight Street Fair, San Francisco
8: June 24-25: Pride Parade and Celebration, San Francisco
9. July 14-16: Emerald Empire Hemp Fest, Eugene, Oregon
10. August 19-20: Seattle Hemp Fest
11. September 9: Power to the Peaceful Festival, Golden Gate Park
12. September 17: How Berkeley Can You Be? Parade and Festival
13. September 30: SOBO Street Fair, Oakland
14. October 28-29: Wonders of Cannabis Festival
15. November 9-12: National Harm Reduction Conference, Oakland
16. November 17-19: SSDP National Conference, Washington, D.C.
17. November 19-23: High Times Cannabis Cup, Amsterdam
We have also met monthly at our 1605 Ashby Ave. office and attended over 20 gatherings to flyer or otherwise represent cannabis reform activism. We have met hundreds of new volunteers this year and our member list continues to grow.
Thanks to all who helped us reach so many people in 2006:
Paki, Angelica, Revonda, Sean, Bonz, Alexis, Geraldine, Cody, Krawdad, Bodi, Elz, Michael, and others from BPG,
the CAN Board of Directors,
Sarah Clark, Richard Muller, Jessica and others from Hayward, Mike G., Jeff J., Jane Klein, Ed, Angel Raich, Charloa, Lulu, Lydia, Caleb, Mary Jordan, Lucas, Tracey, Zubair,
All the amazing staff and volunteers from Americans for Safe Access,
Evan, Braddy, and everyone else who flyered for the Fest, and all the rest of the Wonderous volunteers…
For those that use Bart to come to the meetings. Take Bart to Ashby Bart and walk down
Ashby Ave away from the hills toward the Bay. The office is bicycle friendly and is
located about three blocks from the Bart Station on the right hand side.