View other events for the week of 9/ 1/2006
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|COLOR, VOZ Y BAILE: Community Forum and Fiesta|
|Date||Friday September 01|
|Time||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Watsonville Plaza, Downtown Watsonville|
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
Viernes Cultural Presents:
COLOR, VOZ Y BAILE Community Forum and Fiesta
Watsonville Plaza ~ 5-7pm ~ September 1st
Watsonville, CA – September 1st, 2006, La Coalición por Nuestra Cultura in conjunction with Esperanza del Valle- Mexican Folkloric Dance Troupe, invites the public to participate in the community forum and fiesta “Color, Voz y Baile”. This month we will celebrate and honor the music and culture from Veracruz with a Fandango Popular.
· Esperanza del Valle will offer a dance workshop breaking down the gallant steps to be heard and admired on wooden tarimas
· Los Xochisoneros will accompany us with lively rhythms crafted in the spirit of the son jarocho
· Bob Fitch, local photojournalist, will present a slide show “Aquí Estamos,” images of the May 1st Immigrant Support March
· Leno Sanchez , Chicano artist, will exhibit his work “A view from my window”
· Service Employee International Union, Local 415, will be offering information about its organization, benefits and services
This is the second in a series of exciting cultural and educational events that will be presented the first Friday of every month in conjunction with the Watsonville Farmers Market. Please distribute this information and join us at the Watsonville Plaza, September 1st, 5-7 pm.
La Coalición por Nuestra Cultura is a community based organization working toward community participation and development through visual art, music, dance, theatre, and the spoken word. We invite all local artists, community members and organizations to participate in this and future events. This event is sponsored by the Community Alliance for a Sustainable Economy, The Citizenship Project, The Santa Cruz Arts Council and La Manzana Community Resources.
For more information please contact Francisco Rodriguez at 831.722.6901 or Saul Ramos at 831.763.3106; write to us at viernes_cultural [at] yahoo.com