View other events for the week of 8/ 5/2006
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Protest San Francisco's Worst Slumlords, CitiApartments|
|Date||Saturday August 05|
|Time||12:00 PM - 1:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
440 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
one and a half blocks west of Union Square between Mason and Taylor
MEET US AT UNION SQUARE at NOON!!
|claire [at] sftu.org|
CitiApartments/Skyline Realty, the second biggest landlord in the city, is on a campaign to drive out long-term tenants and drive up rents!
* owns buildings across the city, from Pacific Heights to the Sunset to the Tenderloin
* manipulates tenants into signing away their rights
* preys upon senior, disabled, and immigrant tenants to make their profits
* allows bed bug problems to go unabated
* allows essential services, like elevators, to fall into disrepair
* uses thuggish tactics, like showing up at the door in combat fatigues with a gun, to intimidate tenants into moving out so they can jack up the rent
The Lembi family, which owns CitiApartments, also owns several high end hotels around Union Square, including the glitzy Hotel Diva--a hotel they market to queers in particular. So this Saturday, we're going to show up outside the Hotel Diva to hold the Lembis accountable for their disgraceful actions against San Francisco tenants!
If you care about affordable housing in this city, join us Saturday August 5th at noon in Union Square
No Bugs and Thugs! Stop Illegal Evictions! Say No to CitiApartments!