From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: San FranciscoView other events for the week of 2/24/2006
|Date||Friday February 24|
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|The Make-Out Room at 3225 22nd St., SF, CA 94110|
Whose routine reigns supreme?
Iron Comic is a live gameshow where 5 comedians rush to write a routine in 10 minutes from topics suggested by the audience. At the end of the night, an Iron Comic will be chosen. Inspired by Iron Chef, each comic is forced to craft jokes while the clock is ticking.
The hottest pro stand-up comedians in the Bay Area will be competing:
* Sherry Sirof will be appearing in March at the HBO Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, and has performed anywhere that matters. http://www.myspace.com/sherrysirof.
* Kurt Weitzmann, veteran SF stand-up comedian, called a "comedic genius" by the SF Weekly, has performed all over the US and has a comedy cd "Kurt Weitzmann is Talented," with clips at http://www.kurtweitzmann.com.
* Ali Wong will be performing at Girlfest and the Radical Performance Festival in San Francisco. http://www.aliwong.com. A recent profile in Asian Week called her brand of stand-up comedy "infectious enthusiasm and a dab of exhibitionism."
* Alex Koll of the sketch comedy troupe Boomtime (with Brent Weinbach and Moshe Kasher), and the New Jew Revue, has been called "incredibly absurd," mostly by bloggers. http://www.myspace.com/alexkoll.
* Kevin Camia is known for his unique blend of dry wit, storytelling and social satire.
Also featuring Tony Sparks and Aundre the Wonderwoman.
Hosted by Nato Green