From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: South BayView other events for the week of 10/ 2/2005
|Anniversary Celebration & Campaigning for Farmed Animals: The Whole Story|
|Date||Sunday October 02|
|Time||2:00 PM - 11:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Clubhouse - Scotchollow Apartments
203 Laurie Meadows Drive, San Mateo
See our website for directions, at http://www.bayareaveg.org
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
|Organizer/Author||Tammy & Chris|
Celebrate Bay Area Vegetarians 4th Anniversary!
It's been 4 years, 14000 messages/posts, and about 385 events since Bay Area Vegetarians started in October 2001. Please join us to celebrate our 4th Anniversary (or Birthday) on Saturday, Oct. 2nd at 2 pm.
BAVeg is a diverse group. We have events all over the Bay Area, different types of events, from social to educational to advocacy, and a diverse membership. In keeping with this theme, this year\'s party has diverse activities included:
We'll start eating, meeting, and mingling over Vegan Foods at 2 pm. (We always advise arriving promptly for the best selection) At 4:30 pm, we will recognize our volunteers and participants in the Advocacy Rewards Program, and from 5 pm to 6 pm, we\'ll have a special presentation in honor of World Farmed Animals Day*.
Campaigning for Farmed Animals: The Whole Story, a talk by lauren Ornelas, director of Viva!USA
Sunday, October 2, 2005
5:00pm - 6:00pm
Launched in March 2005, the Compassionate Living event series, a new program sponsored by Bay Area Vegetarians, will provide an opportunity to examine and present different topics related to vegetarian living, education, and advocacy via speakers, discussions, and films. This month\'s topic will be a talk led by lauren Ornelas, director of Viva!USA. lauren will discuss, from an activists perspective, the behind-the-scenes work of investigating, launching, maintaining, and winning a campaign for farmed animals.
\"Campaigning for Farmed Animals: the Whole Story\" - a talk by lauren Ornelas, Viva!USA, about their successful campaign with Whole Foods. Click here for complete info
Event Details - what each person should bring:
- A donation for BAVeg : $10-$30 sliding scale donation (we can issue receipts for tax purposes, just ask); a monthly pledge to attend our cruelty protests and letter writing parties; or other volunteer help. No one turned away for lack of funds. Gifts of all sizes appreciated.
- A vegan food dish that serves 6, ingredient list, and serving utensil. (if possible, let us know what you are bringing; fall or Thanksgiving theme foods welcome!)
More info - http://www.bayareaveg.org/vfpdetails.htm
- Re-useable place setting & a cup (if you forget, we will have a disposable place settings available for $1)
- Your veg & non-veg family/friends! Let them experience the delicious wonders of vegan food.
- Our location, Clubhouse at Scotchollow Apartments, is next to pool/leasing office. Cross street is Suzie Street. Please park on the street.
- Need or offer a ride? Please be sure to provide city / contact info in response. If For registered evite users, you can also contact via evite.
- Everyone is welcome, both members/non-members, veg or non-veg, as well as kids under adult supervision.
More Bay Area Veg events
*WFAD is a nationwide event to memorialize and mourn 50 billion cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, and other innocent, sentient animals in the world\'s factory farms and slaughterhouses. See http://www.wfad.org
Please show your support for these events by attending, and bring along a friend or two or seven. This event will happen on the 1st Sunday of the Month unless otherwise noted.