View other events for the week of 5/17/2005
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Attend the SF Supervisor's Moratorium Vote|
|Date||Tuesday May 17|
|Time||4:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Polk and Grove Sts.
Sadly, no one spoke at public comment on the patient's behalf [other then Supervisor Mirkarimi] at
the Supe's Meeting to discuss the moratorium.
I know many of you feel that the moratorium vote is a foregone conclusion...And it is...
Yet, this our moment to shine in the spotlight of San Francisco politics as we take the national
The path we choose to embark upon will most certainly be instrumental in shaping medical cannabis
policy not only locally, but across California and the rest of the world. San Francisco is the
birthplace of Proposition 215 and is the vanguard against Washington D.C.'s failed drug war.
Let's show the world we mean business!!!
Don't let the NIMBYs steal the show this time.
Please prepare to comment on issues such as:
1. Establishing a 100 square feet canopy limit ,and a 3 pound limit per patient
2. What steps the City can take to protect the legal status of patients, growers and the
3. How the City can dispense to low income patients
4. Get the City to fund a scientific study on dispensaries so we can get a clearer picture of
their funtions so we can make a clear decision about the future
5. How too many regulations will drive patients back underground
6. Insuring the medicine's purity, potency and economy
You get the picture. Be clear and concise and prepared to speak...
The Moratorium is Item #24 & #25 on the agenda
For a copy of the moratorium legislation:
When: Tuesday May 17, 2005 around 4:20 pm
Where: San Francisco City Hall Room 203; Polk & Grove Sts.
See you there!