From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: CaliforniaView other events for the week of 3/12/2005
|Inspiring Masculine Presence -- Unleashing Feminine Fire|
|Date||Saturday March 12|
|Time||11:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2122 Lakeshore Avenue, Suite #607
Oakland, CA 94606
We live in a world that sends us very confusing messages about masculinity and femininity.
In the quest for equality (and in reaction to the harmful and limiting sexism of the 50's), many men & women have felt that the only route is to pretend that they are not only equal, but also the same. This can be a huge loss for both genders and can limit passion and connection in romantic love.
All men & women naturally possess both Masculine & Feminine qualities -- different people have different mixes of each. This workshop helps us find what our intrinsic individual mix is -- and experience the strength and freedom inherent in acting from that authentic place.
Many people erroneously equate masculinity with power that harms, while equating femininity with weakness and accommodation. The result is twofold:
* People may refrain from fully animating their masculinity, because they believe it will necessarily harm or violate others -- when, in reality, any power can be used either to harm or to help.
* People with a natural abundance of feminine energy may adopt a false masculine shell, believing that it's the only way to be powerful -- not realizing that often a more effortless & effective power can flow from their feminine essence.
People are most powerful, effective and free when they can animate both their masculine and feminine aspects from a place of love and openness as opposed to fear and defensiveness.
"The workshop teaches you how to allow your most natural qualities to shine in a way that elicits positive, respectful responses from other people and enables more trusting, fulfilling relationships." T. L., Technology Executive, San Francisco
The goals of the workshop include:
* Challenging & inspiring the masculine to be consciously present, loving & deeply trustable.
* Creating a safe, supportive and inviting space for the
feminine to open in full radiance.
* Guiding men and women toward connecting with their authentic selves in ways that feed and free them.
* Supporting participants in having relationships in which each person feels deeply powerful and served by the other.
* Witnessing how a polarity of Masculine & Feminine energy can enhance the chemistry & eroticism of a relationship.
This experiential workshop will be taught using WholeBody Learning. In addition to learning concepts in your mental body -- you'll also experience them in your physical, emotional, intuitive & spiritual bodies -- your "WholeBody." Thus, you'll be better able to fully embody your new-found power & freedom.
This is an "advance practice" workshop. Through talks, Q&A and intensive & extensive experiential practice we'll be gaining the ability to be our most free, powerful and fully-expressed selves -- while faced with some of life's more challenging situations.