From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: East BayView other events for the week of 1/27/2005
|Date||Thursday January 27|
|Time||7:30 PM - 11:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|2111 Franklin @19th St. in Oakland|
|Organizer/Author||Michael C. Minor|
Date: Thursday, January 27th, 2005
Time: 7:30PM - 12:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)
It's true,,,,I've done a lot of butch recruitment. Come out in the
New Year and meet some great people-- couples and singles!
Great food located next door, they stay open late for us bring it on
up to the bar!
When: Thursday, January 27th, 2005
7:30-8:30 p.m. singles mingle, 8:30-Midnight dancing
Where: Bench & Bar at 2111 Franklin @19th St. in Oakland
(19th St. BART station, plenty of street parking)
Who: Butch/Femme folks and our friends, no label required-
What else: NO COVER CHARGE, drink specials, smoking patio, new
location, elevator, huge dance floor. Great restaurant next door.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Will I be the only one coming alone? Absolutely not. Ask for
your host, Rope or Michael, when you arrive and we'll introduce you.
2) Is this only for those who id as butch or femme? No label
required. There is butch on butch, femme on femme, FTM's, andro,
etc. Come and check it out and see if it's a fit for you.
3) Age range? 21-65+, really.
4) Type of people? All kinds; monogamous, dating, poly, leather,
non-leather, couples. Professionals, students, blue collar,
working stiffs, academics, etc.
5) People of color? Yes, there are lots of people of color; more
if you invite your friends of color.
6) What's the dress? Dressy casual. Wear what makes you feel
comfortable. Suits and ties oh my, levi's and tees oh gee, cocktail
dresses and skirts too,,,,whatever strikes your fancy.
7) What's this slut night I hear about? It's a fun way to take
show off our inner slut. Slut wear encouraged; corsets, sexy
dresses, etc. We have slut nights about every four months so
8) Other venues? We typically have one social in Oakland at The
Bench & Bar and one in S.F. at various locations. We also have
done speed dating, movie night and game night. We attend other
people's events in the lesbo, dyke, trans, LGBT community.
Spread the wealth.
More questions? Contact Rope at firstname.lastname@example.org