View other events for the week of 12/ 9/2004
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Bush's Christian Fascist Agenda and What Must Be Done|
|Date||Thursday December 09|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2425 Channing Way
Berkeley CA 94703
|Event Type||Panel Discussion|
YOU THINK YOU KNOW.....BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA:
BUSH'S CHRISTIAN FASCIST AGENDA & WHAT MUST BE DONE
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16, 7 PM
Larry Everest @ Revolution Books
2425 Channing Way at Telegraph in Berkeley
* What Bush has in store for us and the world after his re-selection
and why it's much, much worse than you think, at home and abroad,
including how the now-dominant forces in the ruling establishment are
determined to impose a Christian fascist theocracy.
* Why American mainstream politics are marching further and further to
the right, and why this is rooted, not in electoral politics, "special
interests," or changes in public opinion, but in the needs of global
capitalism/imperialism and profound changes in U.S. society, and why the
Democrats are incapable of stopping this.
* Why we need a resistance of unprecedented breadth, depth, and
determination that, as Bob Avakian puts it, "refuses to be bound by the terms
of mainstream politics...."
* Why a revolution, creating an entirely different society, is both
necessary and possible.
* How Avakian has re-imagined the entire socialist/communist project
and developed a vision of a truly liberating revolutionary society, one
which encourages dissent, creativity and the critical spirit, one that
advances beyond the revolutions that have come before.
* Why getting out millions of the RCP's statement (THE BATTLE FOR THE
FUTURE WILL BE FOUGHT FROM HERE FORWARD! - emailed separately) across
the country is a key way awaken people to what's really going on, to hit
back against the theocrats, and to help build the resistance we
For exposure and analysis of the Bush agenda - and what we can do, see: