From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: East BayView other events for the week of 8/ 7/2004
|Voter Mobilization Training and Job Fair|
|Date||Saturday August 07|
|Time||1:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Cal State Hayward
(3 day training and job fair)
SUMMER 2004 VOTER MOBILIZATION TRAINING AND JOB FAIR
This summer, the Center for Progressive Leadership will support the greatest mobilization of progressive political activists this country has ever seen.
Progressive non-profit organizations around the country are looking for trained field organizers to help them identify, educate and mobilize voters supportive of their issues.
CPL aims to meet that need through targeted Voter Mobilization Training programs for individuals prepared to travel and work full time as a Field Organizer managing a 60-day push to Election Day.
GET THE TRAINING YOU NEED:
- Developing a strategy to communicate with voters about progressive issues.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to implement your strategy.
- Communicating with voters door-to-door, on the phones and online.
- Identifying, educating and mobilizing voters for Election Day!
FOR THE JOB YOU WANT
- We will help place you in full time, paid field organizing positions with key progressive organizations running direct voter outreach campaigns.
Each training will conclude with a Campaign Job Fair where you will learn about paid opportunities to work full time as a Field Organizer on a progressive field campaign. Opportunities last from August-November -- trainees should be prepared to travel to live in the regions where they will be organizing.
- Sat, July 31 - Mon, Aug 2: UCLA (Los Angeles, CA)
- Sat, Aug 7 - Mon, Aug 9: CA State Univ. at Hayward (near Oakland, CA)
- Sat, Aug 14 - Mon, Aug 16: Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
*$95 training fee includes housing, materials and meals
Limited scholarships available based on demonstrated need.
*Register online for our Summer 2004 Voter Mobilization Training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Download the Voter Mobilization Training Flyer (pdf)
- Download the training FAQ (pdf)
- Download the training Agenda (pdf)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (510) 520-6058 and ask to speak with Aysha Massell.
JOB FAIR INFO
The following organizations have been invited to hire field organizers at our Job Fair:
- Clean Water Action
- League of Conservation Voters
- NAACP National Voter Fund
- National Coalition for Black Civic Participation
- National Hip Hop Civic Engagement Project
- New Voters Project
(Progressive organizations with field campaigns - Go to http://www.progressleaders.org/jobs/fair.htm to learn more about opportunities to hire field organizers at the fair.)
The Center for Progressive Leadership (CPL) is a non-partisan tax-exempt nonprofit organization recognized under section 501(c)(3) of IRS code. CPL does not intervene in any political campaigns, endorse candidates or engage in any lobbying activities.
1016 16th Street NW, Suite 200 * Washington, DC 20036 * 202-449-1065 * http://www.progressleaders.org