From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: U.S.View other events for the week of 6/30/2004
|WAR: Festival Against Imperialism (Lawrence, KS: June 30-July 4)|
|Date||Wednesday June 30|
|Time||12:00 PM - 12:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Organizer/Author||Kansas Mutual Aid|
The W.A.R. Conference will be a gathering for anti-imperialists and anti-capitalists from across North America (and beyond!) to come together and create a four day convergence of discourse, critical analysis, education, skillsharing, and discussion on how to continue to build a movement for social justice and collective liberation. The conference will be held at the University of Kansas, in co-ordination and conjunction with a day of action against U.S. Imperialism at Home and Abroad at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
Goals of the War Conference:
1. The facilitation of dialogue and a forum for networking betwen communtities in the struggle against imperialism.
2. Creating personal links and a sense of accountability between those resisting imperialism.
3. Creating a forum for education to enable understanding of the mechanisms of imperialism and its resistance.
4. Creating a broad based, non-reformist anti-imperiaist movement that offers real alternatives to war, genocide, and capitalism.
5. Highlighting imperialism in Leavenworth.
6. Creating an open forum for prisoners to talk about their struggle.
7. Creating a sense of solidarity and mutual recognition of resistance between those in and out of prison.