View other events for the week of 6/23/2004
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|InsideOut Travel Magazine's Happy Hour|
|Date||Wednesday June 23|
|Time||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Club EZ5 , 682 Commercial St.
San Francisco, CA 94111 (between Kearny and Montgomery at the bottom of Chinatown)
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
Come celebrate our impending fifth issue with fellow travelers.
We'll all share a drink, share travel stories and tips, and meet new people. Whether you're a diehard backpacker or are just considering hitting the road for the first time, everyone's welcome! Remember, this isn't to talk business or to pitch stories, but to get to know each other and have a good time.
So, say hello to publisher Josh Krist, editor Helene Goupil and contributing photo editor Alex Robinson. Happy hour beers cost $3 or the charm it takes for us to buy you one. Here's some more pictures from our our last event.
In addition to great conversation and some more freebies, we will be hosting a photography contest and exhibit. Chosen travel photos will be shown on the night of the event as a slide show.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to participate but you do need to read our submission guidelines:
• JPG format only.
• Maximum size should be 1,000 pixels on the longest side.
• One photo per e-mail, but send as many e-mails as you’d like.
• Include when and where you took the picture.
• Be sure to include your full name, mailing address, and phone number.
• Please don’t superimpose text on the photo with copyright information, etc. You retain all your rights, but we’ll include the photographer’s name in a standardized way on all of the photos.
• Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14.
We'll be handing out four books courtesy of Travelers' Tales. We may have some other goodies in store—you'll need to find out for yourself.