View other events for the week of 6/ 8/2004
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|PROTEST HIGH DRUG PRICES AT THE BIOTECH CONFERENCE|
|Date||Tuesday June 08|
|Time||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|MEET AT 801 HOWARD ST (AT 4TH ST)|
PROTEST HIGH DRUG PRICES AT THE BIOTECH CONFERENCE.
TUESDAY, JUNE 8, 11:30 AM, MEET AT 801 HOWARD ST (AT 4TH ST)
A PRESS EVENT, THEN A DEMONSTRATION
* * * * * * * WE DEMAND * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Stop drug company price gouging! Lower drug prices now!
* Stop drug company predatory marketing! Drug ads off TV!
* Stop truth decay on drugs! Honest, objective info on generics!
* Prescriptions for seniors and disabled! A real Medicare Rx bill!
* Stop US Government collaboration with the drug industry.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thousands will be at Moscone Center next week protesting as representatives of world-wide biotech companies, drug companies, and governments meet to make plans for cashing in on cancer cures, blockbuster drugs, genetically modified crops, and bioweapons research. Behind the scientific razzle-dazzle is corporate capture and distortion of research in medicine, food and other necessities that the people should own in common for our benefit.
While millions in the US go without medicines, and many millions more die abroad from lack of AIDS, TB, and malaria medicines, the biotech and drug companies are planning a glitzy and profitable future.
And Bay Area governments see this lethal business as the key to their concept of economic recovery: more gentrification and displacement of poor and working people.
* Senior Action Network
* California Alliance of Retired Americans (CARA)
* San Francisco Gray Panthers
* Greenlining Institute
* San Francisco Labor Council
SAN FRANCISCO GRAY PANTHERS
1182 Market St, Room 203, SF 94102
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-215-7575