From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: San FranciscoView other events for the week of 4/13/2004
|Reportback: Presidential Elections in El Salvador|
|Date||Tuesday April 13|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|522 Valencia St., sorry, not wheelchair accessible|
C'mon down to hear from folks who recently returned from observing the presidential elections in El Salvador on a CISPES delegation. $5-10 sliding, nobody turned away for lack of funds. There will be some snacks, but not enough for dinner :)
* See! Slides and photos of labor leaders, women's rights leaders, elections observation and electoral fraud in action!
* Hear! Accounts of US intervention in El Salvador's democratic process, of social movement work that continues to fight privatization and CAFTA, and of the airport detentions and deportations of observers that happened in clear violation of international law!
* Feel! Inspired by the continuation of struggle on behalf of the people of El Salvador regardless of the official electoral outcomes!
* Ask! All the questions you like!
This will be one of two reports-back, since several Bay Area CISPES activists are returning at a later date. So if you can't make this one, let us know and we can keep you posted about the second!
We'd appreciate an email RSVP but it's not necessary.
522 Valencia St. Is located on Valencia between 16th & 17th Sts next to the Abandoned Planet bookstore. It's near the 16th St. BART station, and the 22, 14, 49, 26, 33 MUNI bus lines. If you need help with directions, please write back. Unforunately, 522 Valencia is not wheelchair accessible. We will try to make sure the second reportback is held in a wheelchair-accessible location.
Info about Bay Area CISPES:
Bay Area C.I.S.P.E.S.
Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador
3382 26th St. (between Mission and Capp), SF
(415) 648-8222 * firstname.lastname@example.org * http://www.cispes.org
See you there!