View other events for the week of 4/15/2004
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Tax Day Protest|
|Date||Thursday April 15|
|Time||11:30 PM - 2:30 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
1301 Clay Street
(near 12th street BART)
We Will Not Fund War and Occupation
TAX DAY PROTEST
• Resist taxes for militarism and occupation
• Stop us tax-aid to Israel
• People's money for people’s needs: Social services, education & healthcare!
• Self determination for Palestine and Iraq
April 15th, 11:30am
Oakland Federal Building
1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA (near 12th street BART)
NO TAXES FOR ENDLESS WAR
• Take action on April 15th at the Oakland Federal Building in
solidarity with Palestinian and Iraqi struggles for freedom and
• Demand an end to the diversion of our tax dollars from
community needs to fuel war, occupation, and empire.
• Oppose the war at home and the targeting of low income
communities, immigrants, and communities of color with cutbacks
in critical social services and increased state violence, incarceration,
• Stop funding the Israeli occupation of Palestine: $6 billion in U.S.
aid every year has enabled Israel to uphold its racist apartheid system,
continue the illegal occupation and demolition of Palestine, and the
displacement of the largest refugee population on the planet.
• In addition to the immeasurable human costs of war and
occupation in Iraq and around the world, the price-tag of U.S.
military spending has been pushed to well over $900 billion per year.
• We have the power to redirect our taxes from militarism and
occupation to meet essential human needs!
• Direct Action to Stop the War:
• Northern California War Tax Resistance:
• SUSTAIN (Stop US Tax Aid to Israel Now):
• Global Intifada Affinity Group