From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: Media Activism & Independent Media
Final Cut Pro Tutorial
- plug your DV or Digital8 camera into the computer via FireWire.
- open Final Cut Pro.
- choose Log and Capture from the File menu.
- select the Clip Settings and make sure you are capturing Audio+Video and the audio format is Stereo. For best results, simply use the DV NTSC capture and sequence setting presets.
- use the transport controls in the Log and Capture window to control your camcorder and find the footage you want to capture.
- mark the start and end of your sequence by either Clicking the Mark In (>|) and Mark Out (|<) buttons, or entering specific timecodes (In and Out) in the timecode fields at the bottom of the window.
- name the clip in the Label box, or select Prompt and it will prompt you.
- click the "Clip" button to capture the marked clip.
- the clip opens in its own window.
at this point, you
If you aren't editing and exporting a Final Cut Pro movie, then save your captured clip somewhere. quit Final Cut Pro (command-Q).