$37.12 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Anti-War
BIKES NOT BOMBS! Monday M24
A wonderful Bikes Not Bombs! was had on the first week of daily demonstrations 5:00 PM Justin Herman Plaza (Embarcadero BART). 8 minute video in 56k and DSL realvideo format.
8 minute video in 56K and broadband format.
More description of the contents will be posted below.
Proudly showing his sign after an onslaught of police sirens and the ride rolls proudly on.
Into the financial district...
I'll try to post more of the content log later, here are some highlights:
* Rolling through town chanting, singing
* Extreme chaos from CHP when near a freeway onramp or when circling in front of City Hall
* Identifying a cameraperson as being with corporate media, then chanting loud and fast so the message would get through but one rider went up to the camera and said "corporate media" in between the pauses, so the cameraman turned on him and rebuked him that his message wouldn't get out if he did that. Earlier there had been an asian cameraman in black who someone suspected of being part of the sfpd red squad, who would not say who he was with when asked. In fact the group got on KGO (notorious for casting bicyclists and especially Critical Mass in a bad light). The "red valkyr" helicopter followed the ride a number of times.
* Splitting up at City Hall by accident and regrouping with cheers at the Federal Building.
* Taking the "BICYCLES ONLY" Bikeway along the bike mural, losing most of the cops (did they just go home?)
* Rolling free with few police and lots of energy into the Mission
* Passing someone in a Car Share little green vehicle
And so much more, enjoy!