$0.00 donated in past month
Hotel Frank Weekly Three-Dot Report (#16)
Photos from Tuesday, July 3 Hotel Frank/Small Hotel March...
On Tuesday, July 3, nearly 400 UNITE HERE Local 2 workers and friends took to the streets to show solidarity with Hotel Frank workers and our sisters and brothers at the small hotels. Here we are streaming out of Union Square into action...
Here is our picket schedule:
Every WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY
7am to 8am
3pm to 5:30pm
Every SATURDAY and SUNDAY
7am to 8am
Geary and Mason
Hotel Frank was auctioned off in a foreclosure sale in May, 2010 by WELLS FARGO.
The bank then sold the hotel to a financial speculator called AEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
The hotel is now managed by a company called PROVENANCE.
(But ask again tomorrow...)
Since the foreclosure sale:
• Management refuses to recognize the Union contract that existed for nearly 40 years.
• The hotel did not pay one penny for medical coverage or pensions for almost two years.
• We all have to work an extra half-hour per day for free.
• Room cleaners clean many more rooms, even if it means skipping breaks and meal periods.
• Staffing has been cut at the front desk and in housekeeping, while the workload has increased.
• A federal judge has found the hotel guilty of firing and disciplining workers for Union activities
For more info on the Hotel Frank fight:
http://www.Facebook.com/BoycottHotelFrank?sk=wall (Like Us!)