$32.00 donated in past month
Hotel Frank Weekly Three-Dot Report (#15): Rally & March Tuesday July 3
July 3 Rally & March...
MARCH on TUESDAY, JULY 3
Workers at the small hotels in San Francisco, including Hotel Frank workers, will be on the march on Tuesday, July 3. Contracts have been signed at most of the big hotels, but this contract cycle isn't done until every hotel worker in the City has a contract. Join us, in Union Square, at 4:15pm...
NEW OWNER, WHERE'S THE NEW OWNER?
Rumors abound that AEW Capital Management and Provenance Hotels have kicked the bucket and sold the hotel, but so far the new owner has stayed below the radar screen. What's up with that? Stay tuned...
HOTEL PAYS FOR JULY HEALTHCARE
For the fourth month in a row, the hotel condescended to pay for medical coverage for the workers in the hotel. They didn't decide this until last week, leaving everyone at the hotel wondering what would happen if they got food poisoning at some Fourth of July picnic, or worse. It appears that the hotel really wants to avoid a strike. Hmmm...
SEE YOU TUESDAY!
Here is our picket schedule:
Every WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY
7am to 8am
3pm to 5:30pm
Every SATURDAY and SUNDAY
7am to 8am
Geary and Mason
Hotel Frank was auctioned off in a foreclosure sale in May, 2010 by WELLS FARGO.
The bank then sold the hotel to a financial speculator called AEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
The hotel is now managed by a company called PROVENANCE.
(But ask again tomorrow...)
Since the foreclosure sale:
• Management refuses to recognize the Union contract that existed for nearly 40 years.
• The hotel did not pay one penny for medical coverage or pensions for almost two years.
• We all have to work an extra half-hour per day for free.
• Room cleaners clean many more rooms, even if it means skipping breaks and meal periods.
• Staffing has been cut at the front desk and in housekeeping, while the workload has increased.
• A federal judge has found the hotel guilty of firing and disciplining workers for Union activities
For more info on the Hotel Frank fight:
http://www.Facebook.com/BoycottHotelFrank?sk=wall (Like Us!)