$0.00 donated in past month
Hotel Frank Weekly Three-Dot Report (#13)
Hotel agrees to pay for June medical coverage...
Subsequent to our SF Pension Fund action on May 9, the hotel agreed to pay for health care for Hotel Frank workers for the month of June. That is a good thing, but AEW and Provenance still owe a million dollars in health care and pension payments for the last two years, and need to agree to keep paying past June -- and restore our contract, and put fired workers back to work. The fight goes on...
Here is Bill Carpenter's video of the May 9 action:
Part 1: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/05/13/18713426.php
Part 2: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/05/27/18714204.php
Thank you, Bill!
We surprised the Hotel Frank bosses with a special wakeup call at 7am on Memorial Day - Monday, May 28. Get ready, AEW and Provenance, for more surprises!
Here is the our current picket schedule:
Every WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY
7am to 8am
3pm to 5:30pm
Every SATURDAY and SUNDAY
7am to 8am
Geary and Mason
Hotel Frank was auctioned off in a foreclosure sale in May, 2010 by WELLS FARGO.
The bank then sold the hotel to a financial speculator called AEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
The hotel is now managed by a company called PROVENANCE.
(But ask again tomorrow...)
Since the foreclosure sale:
• Management refuses to recognize the Union contract that existed for nearly 40 years.
• The hotel did not pay one penny for medical coverage or pensions for almost two years.
• We all have to work an extra half-hour per day for free.
• Room cleaners clean many more rooms, even if it means skipping breaks and meal periods.
• Staffing has been cut at the front desk and in housekeeping, while the workload has increased.
• A federal judge has found the hotel guilty of firing and disciplining workers for Union activities
For more info on the Hotel Frank fight:
http://www.Facebook.com/BoycottHotelFrank?sk=wall (Like Us!)