$41.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Santa Cruz Indymedia | Global Justice and Anti-Capitalism
Occupy Santa Cruz Demonstrates Outside Major Banks
On October 7th, hundreds of people marched from Santa Cruz Mission Plaza and demonstrated at national financial institutions in downtown, as part of Occupy Santa Cruz, a local movement in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street and the 800+ occupations taking place in towns and cities throughout the U.S. Demonstrators held signs and chanted outside Bank of America, Chase and Wells Fargo, and briefly marched on Soquel Avenue, Pacific and Mission Street.
People held signs with statements including:
• The Two Party System is A Farce. It's All About Money
• Stop the Wars! Stop the War on Workers!
• Corporations Are People!??? Great! Let's Break Their Knee-caps!
• Stop Funding an Endless War, Invest in Community
• End the Fed
• Democracy is Not a Spectator Sport!
• Land of the Fees, Home of the Slave
• Share More, Consume Less
• End Corporate Personhood, Move to Amend
• Corporations Have More Rights Than I Do
For more information and to participate, please see:
Occupy Santa Cruz Going Strong: Notes from 2nd General Assembly
Inspired by Egypt, Motivated by Financial Inequality, Occupy Wall Street Expands Across US