About Contact Subscribe Calendar Publish Print Donate

Ambulance pulled up to the building after Gabe Meyer's arrest during BART meeting today.
by Kim
Thursday Apr 9th, 2009 11:51 PM
A friend who was present at the BART meeting this morning tells me that, shortly after Gabe Meyers was arrested and removed from the meeting area, an ambulance pulled up to the building where the meeting took place. Paramedics entered the building with a rolling gurney.
My friend's inference was that the cops must have beaten the crap out of Gabe after removing him to another area within the building. The inference is reasonable; at the same time, the ambulance could have been at the building (which apparently houses offices other than BART offices) for other reasons.

Has anybody spoken with Gabe, and can anybody with particular knowledge even state whether or not has was beaten up?

People in the hallway during the recess assumed it was for Dugger, saying she suffered a concussion of some sort during the fracas, but she was fine and present when meeting reconvened. The gurney did not come back out of the front door and was not seen again.

Not sure if it was originally for her, and just wheeled empty out of the back door that Gabe was removed through, or if it was for Gabe. He was tackled pretty hard in board room.

by there
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 8:43 AM
about 20 minutes after it arrived, through the front door of the board room.
by witness
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 10:44 AM
I did step out of the building for a few minutes during break and must have missed it coming back out

sorry
by They brought it in for Dugger
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 11:44 AM
They took it in and out empty. They walked Gabe out about an hour later, he appeared fine. It is kind of ironic, though, isn't it, since folks in the meeting had just been talking about how long it took for the ambulance to get to the platform for Oscar Grant, and he was shot in the back, whereas Dugger only had paint thrown on her.
by Gabe
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 12:35 PM
I just got out of jail and I am fine. I sustained a small cut on my finger when I was tackled,but it is no big deal. I just wanted to tell everyone that I was ok and say thanks for everyone's concern. Now comes the time for going before the judge and I will probably have to do some time. So, if people want to come and support me in court,my next date will be on May 9th at the courthouse by the jail in Oakland. I'm not sure of the name of the court house and still have to find out the time, so keep posted and thanks for the support.

in solidarity,

Gabe
by Kim
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 8:08 PM
Do you have counsel or are you going with a public defender?
by Kim
Friday Apr 10th, 2009 8:10 PM
9th is a Saturday..
by Makem
Sunday Apr 12th, 2009 7:55 PM
You made your decision to take the action you did, now deal with the consequences. Don't punk out like the juvenile facing felony charges from the January riots, begging the people at the NJNB "actions" for help. If one feels strongly enough about an issue to commit a crime- do the time.
by Gabe
Tuesday Apr 14th, 2009 1:07 PM
Hi everyone,

sorry I took so long to write. Thanks Kim, for clarifying the my own court date for me. I feel foolish. I could of swore the guy at Bad Boys told me the 9th, maybe he was just messin' with me. But my real court date is the 8th at 9AM at the court house by the North County jail. WWM-107 is what is written on my paper work; I guess 107 is the courtroom, but to be sure check the docket if you come. I willl repost all this again with all the right info on the calendar events of Indybay when the date approaches. As for counsel, I have none at this time. I am going to ask for the PD at my next court date if one has not been assingned to me already. But other than that I am fine and back to normal boring life.

Gabe
by Q
Thursday Apr 16th, 2009 1:15 AM
Hang in there man. I know its rough. Some of us agree with what you did and some dont. Either way we all understand. Keep your head up. You have our support.