About Contact Subscribe Calendar Publish Print Donate

Palestine | East Bay

Video of American citizen critically injured, shot in the head by Israeli forces
by ISM
Friday Mar 13th, 2009 6:43 PM
[Warning, the following video is extremely graphic. --Indybay ed.]
§tragic video
by video Friday Mar 13th, 2009 7:39 PM
Copy the following to embed the movie into another web page:
download video:

idfattack_2009-03-13.mp4 (8.3MB)

by so sad
Friday Mar 13th, 2009 7:47 PM
I can barely stop to type this

fucking monsters
by ANARCHIST
Friday Mar 13th, 2009 9:14 PM
And the Israeli government controls everything. There will be Retribution. Don't worry.
by A
Friday Mar 13th, 2009 9:25 PM
I've known Tristan for years. He's a true comrade who has acted in solidarity with social movements the world over and has been a consistent member of Bay Area radical politics since the 90's. You're in all our thoughts, Tristan. I wanna see your face at the barricades again!
by c
Friday Mar 13th, 2009 11:06 PM
not land... not money... not anything makes it right.
there's nothing...
please come back.
by B
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 12:04 AM
Wipe Israel Off the Map. Wipe all nation states off the map.

This is what Israel does. This is what government does. This is what happens to Palestinians every day. This is the real world.

Tristan, we love you.
Anarchist.
by swaneagle
( frontlinemom [at] yahoo.com ) Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 12:19 AM
Blessings Tristan

I'm so sorry you were injured like that. I am deeply grateful for your level of courage and commitment. We need so many, many more like you. All i know is that your stance will call to the hearts of the up and coming generation. We need millions with such resolve. Your work is indeed inspiring. May you heal and be stronger than ever.

Much love,
swaneagle
by Chris and Mary Fogarty
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 12:50 AM
Many voted for Obama, believing that he would cease munitioning and funding such Israeli crimes; but we had seen him run to AIPAC to genuflect and thus knew that he, too, is a criminal.

Many of us desperately want to be proud of the US again; but, alas, it is not to be, perhaps never again.
by Ted
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 1:00 AM
I am so disturbed to hear what happened to you. The few times that I have met you I new full well that you are not somebody who would ever hurt anybody. Those bastards need to be held accountable.

My hope is that you will be alive long enough to get home. I hope that you will be able to recover well enough to enjoy your life again.

Knowing about this this just pains me to know end, .

Peace my Brother. I hope that you will be comfortable.
by .
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 3:42 AM
This makes me cry. the last time i saw him he towed me on my skateboard for a few blocks during oakland critical mass. fuck. please be ok. god damnit, this is FUCKED,
by raven
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 9:11 AM
I knew him from the tree-sit. We need to plan something locally for him
by a-feminist
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 9:22 AM
sighs. not another comrade. /shakes it off

tragic. can't really say much more than that.

love and prayers,

a-feminist
by Giovanni
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 12:54 PM
Tristan, a fellow Bay Area activist was passionately involved in many important struggles for justice locally with the world at heart and really shined as a passionate human being. Im really saddened to see this kindred ally go through this.. I didn't know he had gone to the west bank, but shows where his heart was: with the people,with the oppressed, against the more blatant form of injustice going on in our times today.

I hope he recovers. The IDF always claims "stone throwing," even if the protest is completely peaceful--and they aim for the upper body to hit people directly. See the video proof below. This was a protest about a separation wall where they claimed rock throwing, etc, and they aim tear gas and rubber bullets to the upper part of the body (illegal), hitting a civilian activist in the head,who later got brain damage. The rock throwing was a lie, as you can see in the video. They claimed rock thowing in this case too, as parroted by the media.

Here is the proof:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPqYuZ3XGM

There is a protest in San Francisco Monday at the Israeli embassy. Make it if you can!
by t
Saturday Mar 14th, 2009 1:01 PM
I first met Tristan in '96 or so when he went down to Guatemala to support the demobilization process of URNG combatants and to learn from their experience. We were together in the streets of many cities after that...and will be in the future.

Que todos se levanten, May all rise up,
que se llame a todos, May all be called,
que no haya un grupo, May there be not be one group,
ni dos grupos de entre nosotros nor another group among us
que se quede atras de los demas. which are left behind the others.
--Pop Wuj
by McZionist
Sunday Mar 15th, 2009 7:28 AM
That's right, buldoze those homes and orchards as well as the people who were living there, into their well deserved mass graves so "Our land" stays our land, this time.
Shoot the protesters and heroize the shooters.

Does anyone detect a faint trace of psychopathy?
And a path to oblivion?
by Reval
Monday Mar 16th, 2009 5:06 AM
A lot together my man. I am pulling for you. Boy did this make me cry. I would say I cannot believe it but being what those wonderful forces have been doing to Palestinians for so long, I can believe it. Every millimeter of me is pulling for you. You can make it- you are that strong
by a
Monday Mar 16th, 2009 8:27 AM
sometimes it's hard to remember that the world is a beautiful place
by mallouh
Monday Mar 16th, 2009 9:39 AM
This shows how ignorant the Isralis and their supporters are. They are abusing the worl and the palesitninas by thier actions.

Fences do not give you peace. You can hide behind the fences but you cannot run. The day welcome when The Mubaraks, the Kings who are supporting the Isralis will end. The only direction for the Israeli impire is going down. It has reached the ultimate of arogANCE AND IGNORACE AT THE SAME TIME.

peace connot be obtained by by might or killing inisent people.

Stealing someone's land does not make you any better than the mafia. and Gangster.s

by x
Thursday Mar 26th, 2009 2:55 PM
fucking nazis !!!! FUCK Israel!