$37.12 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Central Valley | Environment & Forest Defense
Action Alert: Stop the Schwarzenegger/Feinstein Water Bond!
Please call today your local Assembly Representative, State Senator, Governor Schwarzenegger, and Senator Diane Feinstein and tell them that you are against the proposed water bond, urges Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla of Restore the Delta.
Restore the Delta is asking you to take special action on behalf of protecting the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
Please call today your local Assembly Representative, State Senator, Governor Schwarzenegger, and Senator Diane Feinstein and tell them that you are against the proposed water bond for the following reasons:
1) The peripheral canal will not solve the crisis in the Delta or make more water for California.
2) There are bond funds left from previous to begin doing the work needed to protect Delta levees.
3) The Department of Water Resources, while working on projects on behalf of the State Water Contractors, fails to answer for the people of the Delta "How much fresh water is required for the health of the Delta estuary?"
4) The peripheral canal will not restore fish populations.
5) The peripheral canal will destroy the $ 2 billion Delta agricultural economy.
6) This water bond will not help to protect the lives and property of the 400,000 people living in the Delta.
7) We want a water bond that would support aggressive water conservation measures, regional ground water clean up and desalinization projects, ground water banking in historic floods plains, regional reservoirs to support ground water banking, water recycling, and projects making use of storm water runoff. Employing new technologies, rather than clinging to outdated methods, will give us more water to work with in California for people and fish.
Please call today. Below are phone numbers for Governor Schwarzenegger and Senator Feinstein's offices.
Thank you, Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla Campaign Director Restore the Delta
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger State Capitol Building Sacramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-445-2841
Senator Diane Feinstein San Francisco One Post Street, Suite 2450 San Francisco, CA 94104 Phone: (415) 393-0707 Fax: (415) 393-0710
Los Angeles 11111 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 915 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Phone: (310) 914-7300 Fax: (310) 914-7318
San Diego 750 B Street, Suite 1030 San Diego, CA 92101 Phone: (619) 231-9712 Fax: (619) 231-1108
About Restore the Delta
Restore the Delta is a grassroots campaign committed to making the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta fishable, swimmable, drinkable, and farmable to benefit all of California. Restore the Delta - a coalition of Delta residents, business leaders, civic organizations, community groups, faith-based communities, union locals, farmers, fishermen, and environmentalists - seeks to strengthen the health of the estuary and the well-being of Delta communities. Restore the Delta works to improve water quality so that fisheries and farming can thrive together again in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
Restore the Delta
Making the California Delta fishable, swimmable, drinkable, and farmable by 2010!
email: barbara [at] restorethedelta.org