Do not email news releases, articles, or event notices to Indybay — you must publish to the newswire or calendar yourself.
How to write or suggest stories for the center column.
Feedback with regards to site content, and any other inquiries, should be directed to:
Please send the URL of the article when making a request!
Alternately, you are welcome to leave a voicemail at (415) 633-6349.
We are always looking for people to get involved as media producers and in other logistical roles. Please introduce yourself by sending us an e-mail.
Receive weekly headlines from Indybay by subscribing to our indybay-news list.
Working Group and Regional Contacts
There are already a number of groups that are working together around certain areas of interest. Why wait for a personal invitation? If you want to get involved, please send us a message introducing yourself, and subscribe to the relevant email list below! But don't feel like you have to contact somebody before you publish something yourself.
- Bay Area Coverage List
- The SF Bay Area Indymedia news coverage list is a forum for coordinating coverage of local events and issues. E-mail sfbay-coverage 'at' lists.indymedia.org for more info.
- Central Valley
- Dan Bacher, Environmental Justice and Water: danielbacher 'at' fishsniffer.com (916) 487-4905
- East Bay
- Dave Id, Reporter/Editor: daveid 'at' riseup.net (510) 730-1409
- Peninsula / South Bay
- Ruth Stevens, Reporter/Editor: (650) 279-3545
- San Francisco
- Bill Carpenter, Reporter/Editor and Video Coordinator: wcarpent 'at' ccsf.edu
- Santa Cruz Indymedia
- Alex Darocy, Reporter/Editor: alex 'at' alexdarocy.com
- Santa Cruz IMC news list
- Receive information on upcoming events in the Monterey Bay Area and a summary of recent Santa Cruz Indymedia features.
- Tech Working Group
- The tech working group maintains Indybay's servers, codebase and mobile applications. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question or are interested in contributing. If you would like to report a security vulnerability, please e-mail the web collective.
- Mark Burdett, Tech Coordinator: email@example.com OpenPGP fingerprint 81024cebd3e8404c1b4aa20b9d6add9af4cef0a5
- Video Activist Network
- The SF Bay Area Video Activist Network is a network of local video activists collaborating on video projects and screenings. To find out how you can contribute, e-mail sfbay-video 'at' lists.indymedia.org.
- Web Collective
- The SF Bay Area Indymedia website collective is responsible for maintaining and updating all content on the website. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept news releases via e-mail; instead, please publish directly to the newswire or calendar.