$6.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: California | U.S. | Government & Elections
Who Comprised Obama's Winning Coalition?
changing demographics and a more tolerant and compassionate society gave Obama the victory
A majority of
1. women...with 12 points more for Obama
2. Latino's 71.%
3. African Americans 93%
4. Catholics by 50 to 48%.. for the 2nd presidential election in a row voted for Obama. Catholics who want to end war and execution outnumbered those for whom anti abortion was the chief priority.
5. Jewish Americans 69% http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/jewish-voter-exit-polls_n_2084008.html
6. union members
7. seniors who were threatened by the attempt to privatize and send to Wall St. Social Security funds
8. students who did not want Pell grants eliminated
9. the young in general
10. the peace movement.... whose members include most of America
11. the environmental movement
12. the animal rights, animal protection movement.... there are 78 million dog guardians and over 80 million cat guardians in the country, not to mention those who take care of horses, birds, guinea pigs, pet rats, pet pigs etc.
13. the gay rights movement
14. a certain percentage of evangelical Christians voted against Romney because of his Mormon religion
15. While Mormons voted 71% for Romney, atheists, agnostics, and those unaffiliated to a particular relgiion voted 70% for Obama. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/12/1160856/-Religion-and-the-2012-exit-polls
16. Even among Cuban Americans Obama received 48% of the vote.
Hunters representing only 4.5% of the vote had less impact than ever before.