$6.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: California | Government & Elections
The Romney Record Of Fraud
Romney's vetoes, corruption, warmongering, war profiteering etc
1. Romney had a record breaking 844 vetoes as governor of Massachusetts. 707
were overridden by the legislature.
1. Romney vetoed a bill which provided elevators to the handicapped. Later he
would, in his 5th home, a 12 million dollar one,
put car elevators in his 2 floor garage
2. He vetoed a minimum wage bill.
3. He vetoed over the counter access to the morning after pill.
4. He vetoed $220,000 in shelters for the homeless.
5. He vetoed glasses for the poorest of the poor.
6. Shortly after election Romney proposed eliminating preferential hiring for veterans.
7. He vetoed a bill recognizing students’ right to refuse to carve up living or
dead animals in biology or premed classes.
8. Romney claimed he worked well with Democrats in Massachusetts. In reality he
was an obstructionist governor whose vetoes were
so commonly overridden that he was an ineffective governor as well.
1 Romney was board member of Damon, a company indicted for Medicare fraud and
fined 83 million dollars.
2. Romney raided pension funds, stole corporate assets. As workers fell into
poverty, Romney became a quarter billionaire.
3. Romney under public scrutiny ended his Swiss bank relationship.
4. Romney is still evading taxes with Cayman Islands accounts.
5. In Massachusetts, Romney cut taxes only for the very rich.
6. Romney as head of Bain Capital bought Clear Channel radio network, itself a
network in violation of original FCC rules. Therefore
his radio station hosts are promoting his campaign 24×4.
7. Romney has raised over a billion dollars for his campaign which means that
after November 6th, he will have profited from all the ads
that his campaign, Karl Rove, the Koch Brothers, and Sheldon Adelson have run
on Clear Channel stations.
8. Republicans control over 81% of the voting machine companies in the US.
Diebold sold its machines to Dominion of Canada which
arranged for Governor Walker’s recall. Election Systems and Software CEO Chuck
Hagel installed himself as a US senator from
Nebraska, counting his own votes. What other country allows the party of the
rich to control the count?
JOBS ROMNEY CLAIMS HE IS A JOB CREATOR
1. In his only political experience, Romney as 1 term governor of Massachusetts
brought the unemployment rate down less than 1%
2. In his term, Massachusetts was 47th of 50 states in job creation.
3. Romney fired tens of thousands of people as CEO and sole voting stock holder of Bain Capital
4. Romney’s tax plan would give tax credit to companies outsourcing to China and other countries.
5. Romney tried to pressure the Pentagon into giving American jobs to Chinese company Huawei.
1. Romney during the Bush years asked for 50,000 more troops for the illegal
Bush invasion of Iraq. Asked by a reporter about his own military service,he had
none. Asked about his 5 sons, none of them either had military service. Yet he
wanted to send others into harm’s way for the agenda of warwagers, war
profiteers and petroplutocrat fat cats.
2. Romney wants the war in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires, to continue
1. Republican representative Duncan Hunter, candidate for president in 2008,
accused Romney of treason as Romney had tried to pressure the Pentagon into
giving contracts to Chinese army connected Chinese company Huawei.
1. Romney wants 2 TRILLION dollars more spent in corporate welfare to war
2. The federal government had to pay the pensions of workers whose companies he
dismantled and whose pensions he raided.
3. Romney has supported each of the 3 illegal wars of Bush 1 and 2, whose
combined cost is greater than the national deficit.
4. Romney increased the debt of the Massachusetts government.
1. The US is not yet among the 7/8ths of the world’s countries which have banned
government murder, the death penalty.
2. Only 8 of 50 US states have murdered prisoners this year. Romney tried and
failed to bring capital punishment back to
1. While some were in Vietnam and others were conscientiously objecting to the
Vietnam war, Romney was in Paris in 1969 telling
French blacks they could not be elders or priests in the Mormon church.
Threatened with a boycott by the NAACP in the 70′s the
church changed its policy.
1. As a counselor and bishop of the Mormon church in Massachusetts, Romney
enforced the Mormon policy that single women who have
given birth must each give her baby to the church for adoption or face
excommunication. That policy is in conflict with the laws of the
1. Women cannot be elders or prists in the Mormon church. Romney has tithed to
this church and enforced its policies.
2. Romney has flipflopped on abortion and prolife issues. Some say that in order
to be elected governor he took a temporary prolife stance.
1. Romney supports removing regulations re coal. This would continue to crush
workers in mine cave-ins, continue miner killing
methane explosions, black lung disease, acid rain, and add to the thousands
of square miles in WV, KY, PA, OH and other states
which look like barren moonscape because of mountaintop mining which poisons
the watershed, kills animals and destroys their habitat.
2. Romney supports nuclear power, despite Three Mile Island, Fukushima,
Chernobyl, boric acid leaks at nuclear plants in Lake Erie etc.
3. Romney has stated that the government should not support green power. In
effect that means the government should not protect the
citizens nor Mother Earth.
4. Romney does not want subsidies for mass transit. He and the Republican
governors of Wisconsin, Florida and Ohio are pawns of the
industry. The governors have sent back hundreds of millions to Washington in
order that their states continue to be pricegouged by
the oil industry and choked by gas fumes.
In 1997 Romney bought German animal torture company Behring and expanded its animal research to Miami, Florida renaming it Dade Behring. He invested in
slaughterhouse products, brought brutal rodeo into the nonviolent Olympics, had an aggressive promotion of toxic animal flesh ads on Clear Channel, refused to sign a bill acknowledging the right of students to refuse to dissect animals in biology classes, filled the state wildlife agency with that 4.5% of the population which hunts,
treated his family dog terribly while breaking Massachusetts law. He has harmed millions of animals. He said “I’ve always been a rodent and rabbit hunter.” Rob Portman, touted as a possible vice presidential candidate, is a leader of the drive to bring hunters into the national parks, endangering citizens, their children, and international tourists, not to mention the animals. Paul Ryan voted no on protecting horses and burros. Ryan has voted consistently for rancher and dairy industry subsidies which benefit Wisconsin agribusiness cartels.
Romney initiated, despite the protest of many humane societies and animal rights groups, brutal calf roping rodeos in the Olympics, events in which calves, horses and bulls have their necks broken, their legs fractured. Romney, prevented Massachusetts students from avoiding brutal dissection, kept hunters and fishers disproportionately on Massachusetts agencies, bought vivisection companies, tithes to the Mormon church which owns the biggest cattle ranch in Florida etc.
1. ANIMALS KILLED IN WARS
Romney has supported and continues to support
every illegal animal-bombing war of our government, (wanting 50,000 more troops but not his own 5 sons to go to war). In the wars he supported, bears have been sealed forever into caves in which they hibernated, birds have been burned by bombs, animals have been blinded, donkeys and dogs have been shot at checkpoints, dogs have been blown apart as minesniffers, dolphins forced into being bomb carriers, etc.
2. ROMNEY PURCHASE OR PROMOTION OF ANIMAL RESEARCH (VIVISECTION) COMPANIES
Romney bought a German vivisection company Behring in 1997 as CEO and the only voting stockholder of Bain Capital, which entity he acquired with the help of LDS capital. He renamed Behring Dade Behring and expanded its animal research to include Miami Florida. That company is now Siemens. In addition he invited vivisector (animal researcher) Bristol Myers Squibb to Massachusetts. He was on the board of Damon Clinical Laboratories, an animal research company which had to pay 83 million dollars in fines for Medicare fraud.
3. RYAN ROMNEY’S SELECTED VP CANDIDATE VOTED FOR HUNTING IN OUR NATIONAL PARKS
Paul Ryan, Romney’s pick for the Republican VP candidate, voted to bring hunting to our national parks. Where do you stand, Mr Romney, on Mormon senator Tester, a cattle rancher, leading the Senate Republican drive to have hunters stalk animals in our
national parks? In addition, Senator Rob Portman, Romney’s debate coach, once touted by Romney operatives as a vice presidental possibility, is working to have hunting in our parks, hunting
which endangers tourists, children, and animals.
4. ROMNEY INTRODUCED BRUTAL RODEO OVER OBJECTIONS INTO THE SALT LAKE CITY OLYMPICS, TURNING THEM INTO BLOOD SPORTS PURVEYORS
Eric Mills of Action For Animals http://afa-online.org was one of a group who met with Mitt Romney and other animal guardians who asked him not to introduce brutal rodeo to the Olympics. He would not cancel the rodeo, not even the most brutal event: calf roping which breaks the necks and legs of the innocent mammals. The Romneys sat in the stand cheering the calf roping event.
Rodeos frequently break the necks and legs of humans, calves and horses.
5. ROMNEY VETOED A BILL WHICH RECOGNIZES STUDENT RIGHT NOT TO DISSECT ANIMALS
Romney vetoed in 2004 a bill which would honor students’ rights not to carve up living or dead animals in biology and medical school classes. As an explanation he wrote
. . . biomedical research is an important component of the CommonwealthÂ’s economy and job creation. This bill would send the unintended message that animal research is frowned upon.”
6. ROMNEY BROKE MASSACHUSETTS LAW IN TRANSPORTING THE FAMILY DOG ON THE ROOF FOR 1200 MILES.
7. PACKING THE MASSACHUSETTS WILDLIFE AGENCY WITH HUNTERS
Romney appointed a raft of animal unfriendly people to the state Fisheries and Wildlife Board, says, HSUS, even though Massachusetts voters overwhelmingly passed a ballot measure calling for more animal protection..
8.ROMNEY SELECTED A BOWHUNTER AS HIS RUNNING MATE
It is indeed ironic that Matthew Scully, author of Dominion, wrote the convention acceptance of nomination speech for Paul Ryan, since this is what Matthew Scully has to say about bowhunting.
“Bow hunting is not only cruel, it’s highly ineffective, with a 50 percent crippling loss, leaving victims to bleed to death, die of gangrene, or be killed by other predators. Some ‘sport’! When was the last time you saw a Native American use bow and arrows?
4.5% of Americans hunt, most for meat, some for trophies or to inflict suffering. The only reason to use an arrow over a rifle is to inflict suffering on animals.
9. ROMNEY HAS RECEIVED BY FAR MORE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM BUTCHERS, ANIMAL RESEARCHERS, FACTORY FARMERS, HUNTERS.
Romney’s list of corporate contributions includes thousands of animal abuse conglomerates such as those who contribute to the socalled Center For Consumer Freedom, an animal rights attack site.
10. FAST FOOD CONGLOMERATES LOVE ROMNEY
11. ROMNEY IS FINANCIALLY LINKED TO THE MORMON ESTABLISHMENT ANIMAL ABUSE
gave to and received millions from the Mormon establishment whose Utah senators work to protect the many factory farms, ranches, and slaughterhouse operations owned by Mormons. Mormon controlled Utah is one of 2 states which have outlawed the filming of factory farms, slaughterhouses, fur farms, animal research operations. The LDS church owns the biggest animal concentration camp in Florida, Deseret Ranches, with holdings of over 312,000 acres in 3 Florida counties, as well as Farmland Reserve Ind, owning 228,000 acres in Nebraska, 51,600 in Osage County Oklahoma etc. etc.and gave Romney money to buy Bain Capital. When Ezra Taft Benson, Mormon, was Secretary of Agriculture in the Eisenhower administration, he heavily promoted animal flesh and dairy products.
12. HIS NETWORK CLEAR CHANNEL PROMOTES ANIMAL SUFFERING
advertised animal flesh constantly on illegally acquired Clear Channel, itself an illegal network. . Clear Channel stations constantly advertise animal and fish flesh, eggs and dairy. The US has the highest rate of food ads in the world. This is correlated to obesity, animal agony, and human disease. In addition some Clear Channel stations advertise stores selling spring bows and arrows, the barbaric sport of Paul Ryan. Romney’s Clear Channel talk show hosts with few exceptions cut off animal rights callers.
13. TROPHY HUNTING
It is largely Republicans who belong to the Safari Club, a gathering of rich trophy hunters who go around the world murdering rare endangered species animals from helicopters or with highpowered rifles. There is a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats who dine on osso buco (the flesh of a baby calf electroded away from his mother), caviar (eggs ripped from sturgeons), on pate de foie gras (made by forcefeeding geese with tubes stuck down their throats).
14. GLOBAL HEATING FROM REPUBLICAN POLICIES CAUSES FAMINE, DROUGHT TO ANIMALS AS WELL AS PEOPLE
Those who like Romney are invested in animal slaughter must be silent about their correlation to global heating, to famine, drought, many varieties of cancer, heart attacks and strokes, food poisoning, kidney breakdown, etc.
15. AS HEAD OF BAIN CAPITAL ROMNEY INVESTED IN ANIMAL SLAUGHTER IN SEVERAL WAYS
invested Bain Capital in animal slaughter as its president, CEO and only voting stock owner. Domino’s Pizza is one of the meat purveyors that Romney bought.
16. IN MANY INSTANCES ROMNEY’S CLEAR CHANNEL STATIONS
advertise barbaric bow and arrow stores 14b. Some of them promote hunting by having weekly or daily hunting shows.
17. HORSE SLAUGHTER
At the request of the Humane Society of the US, PETA, and other groups, Congress passed a bill reintroducing horse slaughterhouses into the US, since the transportation of the horses to Mexico and Canada was even worse, with more cruel slaughterhouse conditions. This was a bipartisan effort about which animal rights activists have been divided.
18. Unfortunately politics forces us to take sides. Please side with the innocent voiceless and helpless animals.
The Mormon church to which Romney has given millions, a church which does less charity than others and which funnels the virtually forced tithing of its members into more businesses than other churches, helped Romney purchase Bain Capital and forbids caffein, dioxypurine, but is silent about the far more harmful and addictive trioxypurine (uric acid, pre-urine) in animal flesh, the chief cause of crippling arthritis. A US government study comparing Adventists (a religion promoting vegan diet) to Mormons, since neither group advocates smoking or drinking. The study found that the average 7th Day Adventist lives 7 years longer than the average Mormon.
Recently a study by Harvard, itself the biggest gobbler of vivisection dollars from the US Government with an investment portfolio heavily invested in animal flesh, nevertheless found with a 28 year study of 21,000 people that those who ate 3 ounces of mammal flesh daily were 13% more likely to die before the study was completed.
PAUL RYAN’S RECORD OF HARMING ANIMALS
Ryan is a member of the blood sports caucus of Congress.
Normally psychopathic serial killers like to hide their deeds, but many bowhunters like Ted Nugent who threatened the life of President Obama recently and was questioned by the Secret Service like to advertise their sadism. Serial killers according to FBI and other profilers have had childhoods or young adulthoods as butchers, hunters, laboratory researchers, or backgrounds as trained killers in the military. Some bowhunters even form into groups called “Christian Bowhunters”, the diabolical opposite of Jesus, the Good Shepherd. In the picture above, Rudolph has been slain but it is Ryan who has the red nose. Is it from the cold or alcohol? Rifles are more accurate and less painful than bowhunting. The only reason for bowhunting is male ego. Arrow shafts go several inches into the muscles, the tendons, the eyes, the nose, the testicles or other parts of deer and other hunted animals.
Paul Ryan is a noodler. He likes to catch catfish barehanded, a practice illegal in 38 states. Does he then a. strangle them? b. throw them in a corner slowly to suffocate c. chop off their heads d. throw them back having harmed them for ‘sport’.
Why does he enjoy inflicting pain on helpless voiceless creatures?
Wisconsin has had more acknowledged Mad Deer (cervine spongiform encephalopathy) than any other state. Stalking hunters have been angered by the very careful investigation by the natural resources department of the state, to the point that Republican governor Walker, still in office because of Republican vote fraud in Wisconsin, and other Wisconsin Republican leaders in the state have promised to reduce the control of the wildlife department, thus endangering stalking hunters and everyone else in the state who eats lethally infected venison.
Only 4.5% of our nation kill mammals in blood sport or for meat. Nonegotistical hunters who want meat for their tables but do not like to cause unnecessary suffering use rifles not bows and arrows. One deer was seen still alive with 12 arrows sticking into him.
Ryan also in Congress voted against protecting horses as well as opposing endangered species legislation.
As head of the House budget committee, Ryan engineered hundreds of billions of dollars at a time to the illegal war in Afghanistan, thereby causing untold numbers of animals, birds to be crushed by tanks, burned and bombed, etc.
Noodling catfish is illegal in several states. Has Ryan broken the law?
Catfish are bottom feeders, meaning that like shellfish they are coprophagous, eating the waste of others… to eat them is a good way to contract hepatitis.
Picture is of bowhunter Paul Ryan with a deer he murdered.
Issues2000 does not consider the animal rights movement supported by billions
around the world to be important enough to list. Votesmart says it has no key
votes of Romney on this issue, underlining he has had no federal experience but
ignoring his 4 years as Massachusetts governor.
Whether you want to vote antiwar Libertarian, war ending in 2014 as Obama has planned or other please vote against Romney. http://garyjohnson2012.com http://barackobama.com