$23.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: California | Environment & Forest Defense
Natural Desalination would bring new rivers of fresh water to California - Ending Droughts
Natural Desalination/ Not Desalination = eliminating all issues with traditional Desalination by using RO and natures forces to desalinate ocean water and convey it to shore and near zero cost and energy
Natural Desalination uses ZERO man made energy to desalinate new RIVERS of water with little to no environmental issues.
• Ocean water needs 1,000 psi to desalinate water using Reverse Osmosis (RO).
• Off shore at ½ mile under the water you get 1,000 psi for the outside of a RO tubes.
• A flexible air pipe from the surface down to the RO system would bring air and 0 psi pressure to the inner part of RO tubes.
• The difference between the RO outside pressure and inside pressure gives a constant 1,000 psi
• Constant free flowing salt free water flows into the RO tubes which can be collected and sent back to shore
• Gravity would carry the water to shore in a pipeline or tunnel.
• Once at shore the water would be lifted for use or put in aqueduct or other transportation systems.
Advantages of Natural Desalination:
• Can supply all of California with drought resistant water supply for crops and people.
• No brine because only water is taken from the ocean, located far off shore an near the ocean floor helps too.
• Large area for RO system for expansion with no impact to coastal residents.
• Little to no impact to ocean, plants or sea creatures; and no shipping hazard, due to location and design.
• Side benefit of increased water would be more farming, increased economic, more oxygen, cleaner air, etc..
• Droughts, Delta, water quality, sea level rising and many other water issues can be decreased or eliminated.