From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Santa Cruz Indymedia | Environment & Forest Defense
View other events for the week of 6/30/2013
Import this event into your personal calendar.
GMO Talk by Chris Kanthan
Sunday June 30
Resource Center for Nonviolence @ 612 Ocean Street in Santa Cruz
An important opportunity to understand the dangers and health risks of GMOs, and the far reaching and disturbing
Added to the calendar on Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 10:47 PM
effects of Monsanto on our health and eco-system.
6:30-7 Mohammed & Nabil from AZA will perform music on the oud
7:00-8 Chris’ talk
8-8:30 / 9 Q&A
TOPICS TO INCLUDE QUESTIONS SUCH AS:
• What is a GMO, how is it developed?
• Is it a solution to world problems?
• What is it doing to our ecosystem and biodiversity all over the world?
• What are the known health risks and relationship to chronic diseases?
• Who is Monsanto and how did they get to be so powerful?
• Why is Monsanto considered to be such an evil company?
• What are Roundup and Agent Orange?
• What can we do to have a meaningful impact?
After about an hour of talk, there will be Q&A. Handouts of
talking points will be available for the audience to take home.
CHRIS KANTHAN lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, has traveled to more than
30 countries, and deeply cares about politics, finance and food. He has degrees in
Physics and Engineering with a minor in Economics (and, just for fun, a diploma in
Paralegal). His articles on various topics can be found online at Fog City Journal.
SUGGESTED DONATION $3-20 / No one turned away for lack of funds!
Chris' book, "Deconstructing Monsanto", is an e-book that is available on Amazon