$37.12 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Santa Cruz Indymedia | Health, Housing, and Public Services
Rest In Peace Sensei Paul Silva
Sensei Paul Silva of Santa Cruz was a husband, father, brother, son, and martial arts instructor at the Jissenteki Karate dojo in Felton.
Pauly Silva was killed in downtown Santa Cruz in the early hours of Saturday, February 9, 2013.
Deputy Chief Steve Clark & Shanna McCord should be ashamed! Gutter journalism!• Rest in peace Pauly. I once asked him to tell me what he was thinking about, he looked at me and said "LOYALTY BRO" I will never forget that day. Such a good hard working, loving dad. My condolences to the family.
• I didn't know this man, however after reading the article, I find it unnecessary to bring up his past criminal record because he has apparently changed his life for his family. As I said, I don't know him or anyone in his family, I just feel this article could have been written in a more professional manner.
• 13 years ago, he was 19. Unbelievable reporting!!!
• aka The Senile...not much in the way of integrity for decades now.
• Can't the police and the Sentinel dig a little harder to make the victim look bad? Are you sure you got all the tickets Pauly ever had in his life? Come on, he must have spit on the sidewalk or jaywalked at least once!
• So sad. Have some respect for the dead, and sympathy for his loved ones.This could've easily been your friend, your brother, your father. Horribly written article
• Completely unnecessary to bring up stuff from 13 years ago. Sounds like the guy changed his life and was well respected. Bad reporting
• Well geeze, if I ever get murdered, sure hope my kindergarten record doesn't come up.
• I have lost respect for the Santa Cruz Sentinel. Tell me...what does his arrests in 2000, 13 years ago, and 2004, 9 years ago, have anything to do with his tragic death? Pauly was a good man, friend, father, husband, son, brother.....he didn't deserve this. The Sentinel needs to get it together. Have a heart people.
• I have been absolutely disgusted by the reporting on this story. I can already tell what they'll be saying about me when God forbid it's my time.
• This report desecrates the man's name rather than looking for the real reasons this occurred and looking to prevent tragedies like this happening in the future. Deputy Chief Steve Clark & Shanna McCord, you should be ashamed! Gutter journalism!
• Wow how horrible of the Sentinel to bring up this poor dead man's past so quickly after he had his life taken. I don't think that was fair at all to the dead man or his poor family. This was some really mean reporting.
• Could people please respect that somebody has died, in our town. Piously associating being at a place where I get dinner with my wife often or go socialising with friends with being the dregs of society. Save your underhand puritan sniping. My heart goes out to this man's friends and family.
• go ahead just make up any story you can sell your souls this is a horrible thing that happened to a great man
• I don't get why they are slandering Pauly's name right after he was killed.
• I find this article horribly distasteful. Why would you bring up criminal charges of a man who was just gunned down in cold blood. Why not write about his family and how he will be missed in the community. The Sentinel cannot seem to find quality journalists anymore. I'm starting to think they are just story writers and have no idea how to put an article together. For shame.
• Its Shanna Mccord that's bad mouthing our friend who was murdered, not so much the Sentinel. She's a cold hearted women with no feelings. She loves to bad mouth anyone.
Never Forget Pauly Silva
The following comments appeared on the Never Forget Pauly Silva page on Facebook on February 9 and 10.♥ Forever in our hearts Pauly. You were a great person. Miss you forever.
♥ May your smile and laughter live forever Pauly
♥ Love and respect; your memory is eternal homeboy
♥ Pauly I can't believe your gone and we will never get to see your smile or hear your laugh again :( this is truly a huge loss! RIP
♥ Love you Pauly Silva you will always be right here with us all! I just know it! (:
♥ Never gonna forget u your memory will All ways live on BIG respect to a great man and father
♥ Love and respect for you Pauly, may the angels watch over you and your family.
♥ Pauly You will never be forgotten and forever loved by everyone. Be at peace with the angels porvida
♥ I still can't believe it brother....I love u bro always have and always will....
♥ Praying for both his families n all his brothers Can't believe it.
♥ Cannot believe you are gone Paul you were such a good friend and will be missed by so many....Rest in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!
♥ I love you couzin! You will always be in my heart Rest in paradise.
♥ Love you Screech.
♥ So sad you had to leave....this is just so unbelievable! The world and especially Santa Cruz lost such a rad, sweet hearted person RIP Pauly Silva! YOU WILL BE MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
♥ I miss you so much
♥ Love you cousin RIP I'm so glad I got to see you and hug you one last time. My heart goes out to your wife and children
♥ For those of you who believe in prayer, pray he has found peace and that God will ease the pain for those he has left behind.
♥ Loosing a child is the worse feeling in the world. He was a wonderful person and had many friends. He went to school with my son Mark who is also in heaven. Condolences to the family
♥ I'm gonna miss you big guy.. Always in our thoughts and forever in our hearts.. RIP..xOxO
♥ Your in my heart forever I love you bro!!! I also send my love out to ya family.
♥ I'm going to go put some flowers down on the corner, my own personal memorial. I'd like to see people add to them.
♥ I miss you bro! The world lost one of it's warriors but Heaven got another Angel! Love You Homie!
♥ One of a kind....
♥ He was one of those people with an infectious smile and laugh. His company brought a warmth to all that were around him. Pauly you will be missed but not forgotten.
♥ Remember high school... Breakdancing in the lower quad? Good memories. Such a tragic event.
♥ So sad. I didn't know Pauly but my thoughts are with his family and friends while they are going through this loss!!
On Sunday, November 27, 2011, Jissenteki Karate, a progressive martial arts team, went to Sacramento to compete in the IKF International West Coast Classic Tournament. Paul Silva defeated his opponent in the first round, one minute and twenty-two seconds into the bout, and won the IKF International Rules Heavyweight Kickboxing title.