$24.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Fresno Police Chief Accused of Racism
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Lawsuit Alleges That Chief Dyer Mimics Stereotypical Slave Dialect and Much More
A lawsuit filed in Fresno Superior Court on February 24, 2011, says that Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer's ringtone for Cynthia Sterling, an African-American former counsel member, is a slave song: "Mammy's little baby loves short'nin' bread." The lawsuit also alleges that Dyer mimics stereotypical slave dialect, making comments including; "yessa massa, I is yo pet" and "Um hum, I'm the mayor's boy, I'm the mayor's boy, yes'um, I'm the mayor's boy."
Dyer is alleged to have repeatedly made derogatory and racial comments and/or actions relating to different races, including, but not limited to African-Americans and Japanese, which include:
1. "You know brothers can't resist watermelons"
2. "You know brothers love melons"
3. Routinely refers to African-Americans as "Brothers"
4. During a meeting discussing fist strikes to the face, Dyer commented that fist strikes to the face should never occur, unless it is a brother, because brothers don't have bones in their noses.
5. Dyer's cellular phone ring tone for Blong Xiong, a Southeast Asian counsel member is an Oriental sounding ringtone.
6. Dyer refers to a female Japanese Police Department employee as his little Geisha Girl.
7. Dyer makes offensive and demeaning comments about women, including but not limited to: a) comments about police department employees clothes and cleavage b) commenting that the employee, must be out looking for a husband. c) comments about certain female police department employees never having to pay for drinks when they go out socially.
8. Dyer has made offensive remarks, relating to charging the County of Fresno an administrative fee for administering a grant, stating "Good, rape them, (laughing), and make them feel they liked it".
9. Dyer on numerous occasions, has demeaningly referred to City Hall being run like a "sorority", since the Mayor and her chiefs of staff are primarily women.
Judge Halts California Plan to Stop Oil Waste Injections Into Protected Aquifers Tuesday Mar 21st 5:15 PM
California regulators weaken proposed rules for pesticide use near schools Friday Mar 17th 4:54 PM
NLG Sacramento Alert: CHP Recommending Charges for Antifa at Capitol Nazi Rally Last June (2 comments) Wednesday Mar 8th 10:50 PM
Low Numbers of Sacramento and Klamath River Salmon Point to Poor Season (1 comment) Saturday Mar 4th 9:39 PM
Stir it Up on KFCF 88.1 FM featuring Daniel O’connell and Judy Hess Wednesday Mar 1st 8:25 PM
CalPERS joins investors urging banks to address Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's concerns (1 comment) Thursday Feb 23rd 9:29 AM
Sanctuary for All March In Fresno Saturday Feb 18th 4:16 PMMore Local News...
[ × close ]
Lawsuit Launched to Protect Birds, Other Wildlife From Harmful Agricultural Pesticides Used on National Wildlife Refuges Thursday Mar 23rd 4:51 PM
Report: Children and the elderly at risk from "dangerous and close" fracking Saturday Oct 29th 3:29 AM
WW CA Farmworkers Getting 8 Hour Day & Attacks On Workers Comp By DIR and Governor Brown (1 comment) Wednesday Aug 31st 8:28 PM
Justice For CTC Whistleblower Kathleen Carroll-Statement At Sacramento Trial (1 comment) Tuesday Aug 9th 9:56 PM
Fired CTC Whistleblower Kathleen Carroll's Lawyer Dan Siegel On Retaliation Witnesses (1 comment) Tuesday Aug 2nd 7:55 AM
Africa Day 2016 at the California State Capitol featuring Roots Sunday Friday May 20th 4:37 AM
West Coast Fisher Denied Endangered Species Act Protection in Bow to Timber Industry Thursday Apr 14th 3:32 PMMore Global News...
[ × close ]
Will Work for Food Monday Feb 6th 12:18 PM
2016 California Diabetes Awareness Month ~ Victory Garden Project Saturday Nov 26th 2:04 PM
Victim of Identity Theft Tells Her Story Thursday Oct 27th 12:16 AM
USDA Unviels New 'Urban Agriculture Toolkit' for Agriculture Entrepreneurs Friday Apr 29th 10:56 PM
UC Davis spent thousands to scrub pepper-spray references from Internet Thursday Apr 14th 12:17 PM
One Person Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting In Central Fresno Wednesday Mar 23rd 8:28 PM
Central Valley Diabetes Self-Management Program celebrates National Nutrition Month Thursday Mar 17th 10:53 AMOpen Newswire...
[ × close ]