About Contact Subscribe Calendar Publish Print Donate

East Bay | Police State and Prisons | Racial Justice

Looting
by g@y
Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 9:18 PM
Its going down
Highway Patrol and Bank Windows smashed. Footlocker looted. People throwing bottles at cops. Arrests being made
§KRON: WHOLE FOODS LOOTED
by G@Y Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 10:54 PM
WHOLE FOODS LOOTED

Kron just reported that whole foods is being looted, also beauty supply store, and jewelery store.

More fires.

by blech
Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 9:36 PM
9:21 - Home now. Four monitors on. A lot happened in a half hour. FootLocker was looted. A few firecrackers and street fires set using looted items from a FootLocker but still no widespread looting or rioting.

From reporting, the situation seems under control. From my point of view, the limited violence is under control. By and large, it seems peaceful with looting limited to a FootLocker and a bank window was broken.

Crowds shouting, "Our streets, our streets!" Lots of arrests but it seems like most are passive resistance arrests.

I think it's largely peaceful except for isolated incidents. Given the size of the crowd and tension, it is so far so good.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ybenjamin/detail?entry_id=67466#ixzz0t9lvvNOY
by Front Door
Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 11:34 PM
whole-foods.jpg
whole-foods.jpg

by @
Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 11:36 PM
why post sfgate? same old lies.
by Broken windows
Thursday Jul 8th, 2010 11:36 PM
sears.jpg
sears.jpg

by konsider
Friday Jul 9th, 2010 2:04 AM
Some people got some new shoes. Now what? I received a really nice sweater out of the event, and I am glad some bank and store windows got crashed, but I am not at all satisfied.

I don't think I have to repeat to anyone why the verdict of involuntary manslaughter is not only absurd, but sickening.

Sure, it's not at all surprising. I predicted, with many others, what Mehserle's sentence would be, even before the trial began, but that doesn't lessen the outrage by any means.

Do we need any more proof that the American Justice System is a complete fraud?

Oh, and I also got some new socks.